banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you could'nt care less about that the vast majority of guitar players luv...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Seashore View Post
    Just on the carpentry side I f'ing hate MDF. My bass 2x12 got soaked in the poop deluge and I pulled the speakers, not sure if I want to build a cab or just buy something. Not building with MDF, that's for sure.
    That Ampeg cab you played at my place was originally a guitar cab. Look for a used empty 2x12

Comment

• The vertical unloaded 2x12 Harley Benton plus cab is $159
      shipping is $118

At thoman

i was gassing for one too
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post

Not night and day difference. It won't make or break your sound. But there is a slight difference here even if it's just the back of the cab changing.
        Yeah, I saw that one too. Interestingly the MDF clearly sounds brighter here not darker. (although the next bit of MDF might just as well be darker). These are normal variables I bet he would get similar differences just switching from his piece of ply at the back to a different brand of ply. In fact it may boil down to his mic position being slightly different for the two (which is what it sounds like to me tbh, since I've never heard even that much of a difference between the two ) . The other guy had waveforms, charts, a reamp box & went about his comparison in a much more "scientific"way...

And yes ply may be easier to work with more durable, lighter etc..but that's really about it. Sonically it's not "superior" at all....or even "different" (imo of course ...and according to actual waveform comparison)
        Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 03-09-2024, 06:06 PM.
        "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
        If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

• Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
          The vertical unloaded 2x12 Harley Benton plus cab is $159
          shipping is $118

At thoman

i was gassing for one too
          I was thinking the 2x12 with V30s would be worth it just because it’s cheaper than actually buying two V30s without the cab so I can rehouse them if I don’t like it. By the look of it, I’m concerned it just doesn’t have enough space to really hold together at high volumes like a 4x12 or even larger 2x12 does.
          The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

• I like the plus vesrion because of the option for opening the back
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

• Those Harley Benton cabs look like good bang-for-the-buck, but in person, they do look very cheap. The tolex looks cheap and the grill cloth looks cheap, IMO. I bet the corners are not finger-jointed either.

Comment

Working...
              X