Yep, I Hate Fuzz Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yep, I Hate Fuzz Pedals

I'm not a huge fan of a syrupy fuzz lead tone, I tend to prefer a big nasty untamed high output for big nasty chords and feedback purposes......

I do feel though to get a really good fuzz tone you're amp needs to be cooking a little bit and than you blast it with the fuzz....

When I used to use fuzzes with my bassman I would let the amp warm up a little, gradually bump my volume, than hit it with fuzz, and hit the fuzz with an overdrive to actually clean it up here and there as needed...

I kind of feel like if you're using a modern amp that's meant to sound the same at low volumes as well as high volumes you're wasting your time with a fuzz....

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
      To like fuzz you need to have a stoner side to yourself. Nancy and Ron, not so much.
      I have the Hendrix, Bonamassa, and Eric Johnson Fuzzfaces, also the T Rex Mudhoney, and I've been completely stoned at the Ronald Reagan Library. (the Reagan Library is right in between Dankstar and me)
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
        I've been completely stoned at the Ronald Reagan Library. (the Reagan Library is right in between Dankstar and me)
        Nice! You go up 10 notches in my book for this one.
        Soundcloud

Comment

I think very few people like fuzz PEDALS, but usually they all love a fuzz pedal of some sort.

People are extrordinarily picky when it comes to fuzz, I've noticed, more so than even overdrive. They'll hate every other fuzz on the market except their own holy grail and like maybe a couple other similar ones.

Maybe it's the abrasive nature of the fuzz that makes people so critical, while smoother sounding distortions offend the ears less if not meeting the ideal tone to the ears of the beholder.

Comment

Dunno...I like alot of fuzzy sounds....
            And really an Übermentaldood thread zombie thread???!!!

Comment

Working...
            X