Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Setting up midi functions with a pedal switcher

I think i see your confusion. There are two types of messages:
    -Program Change (PC - Selects what Program/Patch is active)
    -Continous Controller (CC - Controls some function, could be volume, expression, Bypass state, etc.)

The PC1, PC2, etc. should be configured for the patch on the Mobius, Andromeda, etc. you want. So this would be 1, 2, 3 etc. based on what Mobius Patch you want active.

The Table you are referring to is the list of CC messages. You shouldn’t need to use this to engage the Mobius, that should happen automatically when you send the PC message. Let’s get the PC figured out first for like 4 patches, then we can figure out Bypassing the Mobius when you don’t want anything enabled. (Its not in a Musicomlab Loop, right?)

To answer your question, yes the Chart I posted is how you correlate the PC Message number with what Patch is activated on the Mobius.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      I think i see your confusion. There are two types of messages:
      -Program Change (PC - Selects what Program/Patch is active)
      -Continous Controller (CC - Controls some function, could be volume, expression, Bypass state, etc.)

The PC1, PC2, etc. should be configured for the patch on the Mobius, Andromeda, etc. you want. So this would be 1, 2, 3 etc. based on what Mobius Patch you want active.

The Table you are referring to is the list of CC messages. You shouldn’t need to use this to engage the Mobius, that should happen automatically when you send the PC message. Let’s get the PC figured out first for like 4 patches, then we can figure out Bypassing the Mobius when you don’t want anything enabled. (Its not in a Musicomlab Loop, right?)

To answer your question, yes the Chart I posted is how you correlate the PC Message number with what Patch is activated on the Mobius.
      The Mobius, Andromeda and silver lake are all in their own loop on the Mobius which I have routed to the amp Fx loop

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
        The Mobius, Andromeda and silver lake are all in their own loop on the Mobius which I have routed to the amp Fx loop
        In that case, I’d just worry about sending the appropriate PC message and using the loop bypass state to determine if the pedal is in the signal or not.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

In that case, I’d just worry about sending the appropriate PC message and using the loop bypass state to determine if the pedal is in the signal or not.
          That’s how I have it currently. Each patch on the Musicomlab is preset according to whatever pedal I’m looking to have turn on.

Just need to figure out how to make it choose the appropriate patch from each pedal.

Comment

The cable arrived today and I was able to not only assign the midi channels to the Duncan pedals, but I updated the firmware/software and created a preset backup on my laptop....
            It really couldn’t have been any easier. It took less than 5 minutes to take care of both pedals.
            Unfortunately with the crazy busy job schedule lately I won’t be able to mess around with the midi functions we have been discussing until Saturday. But I am on vacation from work after tomorrow, so I’ll have nothing but time to get this up and running (of course, with your expert assistance!!)

Comment

Cool! You should be really close now!
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Setting up midi functions with a pedal switcher

i just tried gettinig it working....fail!!
                so i went and set up a chorus patch in the mobius to use on a clean sound. Thats pretty easy. To make it simple I saved it to Mobius patch 00-A.
                This list is confusing me a a bit.

Am i to understand that if i want to send multiple commands to a particular pedal i need to go back into the edit mode and each time choose a differrent PC#? I dont think thats what i need to do with the way im trying to set this up, right? All i really need to do is use PC1 (only one program change) since all i want it to do is choose the correct mobius patch...the on/off function will happen through the instant access mode preset....yes?

In the liST above about 2/3 of the way down it shows the commande for the FS1-4 switches. In Instant access mode I have those functions assigned to control channel swithing on my amp...is the something completely different or is this going to mess with the amp switching commands?

BTW, this is all running through the Quickrod which IIRC you also own....

I've got a lesson right now but after im going to give this another shot...

Comment

ok, i've got it so that its chnging to the correct patch in the mobius (01 A), but but its not actually engaging the pedal...IOW the channel A light isnt lighting. Well it lights for a split second but then goes out....

Comment

strangely enough, i've got the midi changes for both Duncan pedals working perfectly...
                    It's gotta be something i'm doing wrong with the mobius

im going to try a factory reset on the mobius

Comment

On the ES8 it ships stock transmitting CC81 and CC82 which corresponds with footswitch button presses.
                      Assuming the factory reset doesn’t work, make sure the LP1 - FS4 are turned off.

I’m not fully sure how the FS1-FS4 functions work in relation to MIDI and to the channel switching.
                      Last edited by PFDarkside; 07-21-2018, 01:28 PM.
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Hang on a minute!!! i think i've got it now. i was choosing the wrong patch number...i forgot to do the math!!

Comment

im almost there... for some reason the Duncan pedals arent being recalled when i switch to another patch...i need to take a break and come back to it later

Comment

On the ES8 it ships stock transmitting CC81 and CC82 which corresponds with footswitch button presses.
                            Assuming the factory reset doesn’t work, make sure the LP1 - FS4 are turned off.

I’m not fully sure how the FS1-FS4 functions work in relation to MIDI and to the channel switching.
                            If I’m understand it correctly the FS1-4 switches control not some midi functions and the channel switching.
                            So far, when you go to instant access mode (or whatever it’s called when you turn on/off the individual loops) the FS1-4 switches will control the amp switching.
                            When you enter the midi programming menu the FS1-4 control certain CC messages I believe.

Comment

I am COMPLETELY frustrated with this.

I have finally figured out how to set the midi programming. It’s actually pretty easy now that I have it under my fingers.

BUT...every time I navigate to a different bank in the Musicomlab and then come back to the previous bank, all of my setting have changed.

I made sure to turn off all of the midi change functions you mentioned above but it doesn’t matter.
                              Is it possibly a setting in the globals menu of the Mobius?

Midi ch- set to 4 (1 didn’t seem to be working correctly)
                              Midi CC- set to off (I tried it on also and still had programming recall issues)
                              Midi patch change-set to on
                              Midi thru-on

Idk what else to do

Comment

I’ll have to think. The Strymons have been the easier ones to program for me.

Are the Duncan’s working as expected across banks?
                                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                                X