Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Setting up midi functions with a pedal switcher

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    I’ll have to think. The Strymons have been the easier ones to program for me.

Are the Duncan’s working as expected across banks?
    No, the Duncan’s are making small errors like going to bank 1/B when I have it set to bank 1/A.
    As long as I stay in the patch all of the switching works perfectly. It’s when I change Musicomlab patches and then come back to a previously saved one, the saved changes aren’t right.

Comment

I’m having a tough time thinking of what could be the issue. Without going into instant access mode, can you get 4 patches on one bank to work correctly?
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I went and did a factory reset on the Musicomlab and researched the proper settings for the Mobius. I think I might have fixed the issue. There was probably an incorrect setting or combination of settings that was messing it up.
        It also seems that by default some midi messages are sent on CH1 (mobius) which would explain why on blank preset slots there were already existing midi messages for the mobius. I'll just need to be aware of that as I program my patches and edit them out as needed.
        TBH, im not 100% sure i understand the full functionality of the default messaging system but as long as i can edit it, I'm ok with that!!
        I'm going to spend a little time making a couple of patches as see if I've got it right...I'll let you know how i make out.

and THANK YOU for all of your help...I cant begin to thank you enough. I truly appreciate you holding my hand throuogh this!!

Comment

Thrilled!!!! To report that it’s working perfectly now!!
          Thank you so much!!

Comment

Great! No problem with the help, I love nerding out with this stuff. It’s mostly just to see if something can be done, I’m usually happy with a good amp, OD and maybe a boost or fuzz, but having a Starship Enterprise to play with and create wothbis fun.

For the stock settings, I think it’s setup by default like the Option A I listed at the top of the thread. Messages are being transmitted for each patch, so if you are a midi newbie you can just Program and save patches on your devices after they are switched to them and it all just works. I like doing it the other way where you have some sounds, then configure based on your patch needs.

How are the Mobius, Andromeda and Silver Lake working for the Splawn?
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

So far great! I really like the Andromeda. The silver lake took a little tweaking to make it decay naturally and I still don’t have it 100% where I want it but it’s close enough for now.
              The Mobius is a beast of a pedal that will take a loooong time to master!

Comment

Working...
              X