Clear All

Re: What next for Boss Waza series?

H
    M
    -****ing-

Comment

Here's what I wanna see for the next Waza Wave:

SD-2, PH-1, and an AC-2 (acoustic simulator). The SD-2 is pretty cool as an idea, but having played one it could be better on the OD channel, the PH-1 not because I want one (script Phase 90s are the best phaser in da whole world) but because you know it has to be pretty close to the top of the list, and the AC-2 just because it could be a great second chance for Boss to actually make a decent acoustic simulator. The AC-2 was garbage, but given how much they charge for the new Waza pedals, they could afford the R&D costs to make this a good pedal.

I see a lot of people saying HM-2, but given that people only use it with all the controls dimed, I feel any improvement is going to be seen as a difference more than anything. The only difference with the new ones is that they will cost more at the advantage of not having to search for a decent used one.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
        OD-1 and PH-1 in the same $900 box! https://www.boss.info/us/products/box-40/
        Those are reissues, but not necessarily Waza versions.

Comment

Yes, understood, they are supposed to be faithful recreations, but I'll never know at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
            Yes, understood, they are supposed to be faithful recreations, but I'll never know at that price.
            Me neither, but I'm a bit of a control freak with phasers anyway, so my preference would be a waza ph-1r. That resonance knob really improves it IMO.
            Last edited by dave74; 11-06-2018, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
              I see a lot of people saying HM-2, but given that people only use it with all the controls dimed, I feel any improvement is going to be seen as a difference more than anything. The only difference with the new ones is that they will cost more at the advantage of not having to search for a decent used one.
              I'm not so sure that all or most people use it dimed, if they do then that's their own fault lol. HM-2 also makes a great booster and/or gain-stacker with more reasonable settings.
              Regardless of all that, I'd have to agree,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm not really seeing it as a Waza any time soon now that they've done the Zone.
              Last edited by dave74; 11-06-2018, 06:19 AM.

Comment

We used to do just that with HM-2s back in the 80s. The Digital Metalizer was a nice sounding distortion too, even if you didn't use the built in chorus or delay.

Comment

I really thought the ce2w is an excellent pedal.
                  The dm2w is just perfect. Really worth the bucks.
                  Bd2w is definitely an improvement in every aspect.
                  As is the sd1w.
                  Ive not tried the vibrato or the metal zone.

Id love to see a new version of the ph1r phaser. Best phaser boss ever did. I would happily buy one sight unseen.
                  Id also love to see them make a new analog compressor that can hang with the keeley.

Plus...a clean boost ala the xotic rc would be pretty rad but boss never really made anything like that in the past.
                  "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                  Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I bought a bunch of pedals, right before I got sick with the lymphoma. The Waza TU-3w tuner and DM-2W analog delay, a Boss X compressor, the Black anniversary DS-1 and an Mxr Phase 95 and a Carbon Copy Bright. And I was already sitting on some BBE pedals I won, a Soul Food, and a Digitech Hardwire Chorus (to replace a Boss CE-3 that replaced a DOD FX chorus). And I bought a used Boss PH-3 cause my PH-1r had been acting up.

So this year, I haven't really done anything related to the electric guitar...I'm lucky if I can find the energy to play one of my acoustics on the sofa for a few minutes. But I am done with chemo and radiation therapy, and hopefully I can get rolling again by the end of the year. Lots of testing and experimenting ahead.

I'm interested in the Dimension Chorus, but a Waza PH-1r would be a definite buy for me.

Bill
                    When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post
                      I bought a bunch of pedals, right before I got sick with the lymphoma. The Waza TU-3w tuner and DM-2W analog delay, a Boss X compressor, the Black anniversary DS-1 and an Mxr Phase 95 and a Carbon Copy Bright. And I was already sitting on some BBE pedals I won, a Soul Food, and a Digitech Hardwire Chorus (to replace a Boss CE-3 that replaced a DOD FX chorus). And I bought a used Boss PH-3 cause my PH-1r had been acting up.

So this year, I haven't really done anything related to the electric guitar...I'm lucky if I can find the energy to play one of my acoustics on the sofa for a few minutes. But I am done with chemo and radiation therapy, and hopefully I can get rolling again by the end of the year. Lots of testing and experimenting ahead.

I'm interested in the Dimension Chorus, but a Waza PH-1r would be a definite buy for me.

Bill
                      You sir are an inspiration to gear-gluttons everywhere!

Hope you do get your energy back soon. Would love to hear your take sometime on the digital compressor.
                      I'm still so thrilled with the ph-3's 10-stage mode for epic leads, and the step-mode for the trippy clean stuff.
                      My 10-stage settings for high-gain leads are roughly;
                      rate- 11:00
                      depth- 1:00
                      res- 3:00

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                        You sir are an inspiration to gear-gluttons everywhere!

Hope you do get your energy back soon. Would love to hear your take sometime on the digital compressor.
                        I'm still so thrilled with the ph-3's 10-stage mode for epic leads, and the step-mode for the trippy clean stuff.
                        My 10-stage settings for high-gain leads are roughly;
                        rate- 11:00
                        depth- 1:00
                        res- 3:00
                        Thanks for the kind words. Gear glutton...oh yeah! Lol!

Thanks for the settings for the PH-3. I only used it a couple of times, and tried to copy my Ph-1r. Like I said...lots of experimenting ahead.

Bill
                        When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

So what do you guys think should be done with the custom mode if they would do the Waza PH-1r?

A thought I just had was to make it a slight mid-boost(like just a few db) post phaser. (definitely after the phasing)
                          This would be cool to use as a lead-booster+phaser in a single stomp.
                          My Maxon pt9pro+ does that boost naturally (needs a bit more though for a true solo boost),,,,,,, but it doesn't not do it either (no off switch).

Also switchable bypass-type would suite me on all the wazas.
                          That's a great addition to the tuner.

Buffers are good but you don't need a dozen at once. (but sometimes you do need a dozen pedals at once?)
                          I say yes.
                          Last edited by dave74; 11-10-2018, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Tap tempo.

Bill

Comment

The BOSS Waza Fake EP-3 Preamp.

Cuz every stomp manufacturer needs a fake EP-3 preamp offering...

Comment

I think the HM-2 could really be upgraded to be pretty awesome pretty easily...

Fix the level, put better eq knobs in it, and done! Add a gain juice switch for classic or MTZone and it would be an epic win.
                                Originally posted by Bad City
                                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                                X