The one and only fuzz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The one and only fuzz thread

What ??? I have to choose between my JHS FuzzFace and my Big Muff Triangle Re ???
    Oh I failed already !
    Bye bye...

You may also choose a kind of Tone Bender.
    Last edited by Francois; 07-30-2019, 04:40 PM.
    Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

I have not tried but there is Pharao Fuzz with a Silicon / Germanium toggle switch.
      There is a demo by Andy GPS.

La Rica circuit is FF based ?
      Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
        I like this one, never tried it, never even heard of it.

Thanks Mincer
        +1

Great idea on the super adjustable mid control.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190314_101301.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	5816631

Green switch has Voodoo Octave (foxx tone machine clone), and Red switch the Big Muff.

Technically it is now one pedal
          "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
          Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

I'm making this comment on the understanding that "fuzz" is different than distortion/OD. My fav is my EarthQuaker Devices Dream Crusher. If "sweet" and "fuzz" can be used in the same sentence, this is it. It's a true germanium transistor fuzz, complete with a bias set pot. I haven't messed with the bias because it was good-to-go right out of the box. It's fuzz, but no angry bee's syndrome. Roll your guitars' tone control back and you have classic "woman tone." I love it.

Honorable mention goes to the BBE Windowpane. There's some overlap here, but the BBE fuzz knob continues on after the Dream Crusher max's out. Just to remind myself, I fed one into the other. Twin son's of different mothers. I believe this is my "keeper" fuzz combo.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
              I'm making this comment on the understanding that "fuzz" is different than distortion/OD. My fav is my EarthQuaker Devices Dream Crusher. If "sweet" and "fuzz" can be used in the same sentence, this is it. It's a true germanium transistor fuzz, complete with a bias set pot. I haven't messed with the bias because it was good-to-go right out of the box. It's fuzz, but no angry bee's syndrome. Roll your guitars' tone control back and you have classic "woman tone." I love it.

Honorable mention goes to the BBE Windowpane. There's some overlap here, but the BBE fuzz knob continues on after the Dream Crusher max's out. Just to remind myself, I fed one into the other. Twin son's of different mothers. I believe this is my "keeper" fuzz combo.
              Also mention that the Ratt is probably the original pedal (and probably still the best) at covering some of all 3 (Distortion, OD, and Fuzz) in one pedal because of it's original and perhaps unintended circuit design . -sure there are pedals that have combined OD, Fuzz, and Distortion circuits into one pedal, but not one circuit like the Ratt that does them all without discrete purposeful circuits and so simply. -or at least I can't think of one.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I had an original Rat a long time ago, and then got rid of it for some reason. I need to snag another. Or, is there a good Rat clone?

Comment

I had an original Rat a long time ago, and then got rid of it for some reason. I need to snag another. Or, is there a good Rat clone?
                  There's several good ones I hear -Of course real ones are easy to get too.

This one gets great reviews

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Loads out there, Artie. JAM pedals The Rattler sounds really good on That Pedal Show. I have a BYOC L’il Mouse and it does everything I need in the Rat department [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll check 'em out.

Comment

I have a rat clone built from the Tayda PC. It is pretty awesome. I'm in the process of modifying the gain pot for less overall gain - it gets into fuzz territory around 1 o'clock.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                          Me too...

Although I also like the Dunlop Hendrix a lot too. Special Muff shoutout to the Earthbound Supercolider.

i love that pic. ive always wanted an old sunlion but since i have a rangemaster clone built buy a friend and the reddot sunface, it seems redundant

Comment

I'd chime in but I haven't played Spirit-in-the-Sky or Inna-Godda-Da-Vida for 35 - 40 years

Comment

Working...
                            X