banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's REVIEW those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AllHailDIO
    replied
    OHHH well I feel like a dumbarse! Guess that part was accurate after all!

Sorry about that! Reading post 1, I absolutely LOVE this idea! That said, Aceman, when you targeted me about having sooo many gain pedals, I was like, damn he's right I laughed! Now re-reading this all, I'm laughing harder!

Thank you Aceman!

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    right, this is where you come for acebob abuse. its all in good fun. just like when he puts on his girlfriends wig and spanx to strut on stage

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by AllHailDIO View Post

Either way, I apologize for shooting off mark and I'll leave this thread alone now
    Don't be so hard on your self 90% of this thread is Ace roasting about our boards, all in good fun.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

Oh man, I didn't think I'd get such a reaction! I'll think twice before not hitting the subject at bullseye.

I wasn't trying to be a joker... I just wanted to show off my toys and join the good vibes.

That said, I don't appreciate the name calling and the personal attacks on my furniture haha but I suppose people say whatever they want online. Then again, maybe you're just joking around; its hard to tell over text!

Either way, I apologize for shooting off mark and I'll leave this thread alone now
    Read the message, page one post one.

Leave a comment:

• AllHailDIO
    replied
    Originally posted by Aceman View Post

There always has to be ONE joker in the group...but OK...here we go...

#1 THEY NEED TO BE EFFING CONNECTED!!!!!!!!!! WTF is wrong with you?!?!?!?!?!?!

#2 They are on a shelf, above a picture, so I'm guessing at a minimum, it is the 3rd shelf, or maybe even 4th. CAN YOU EVEN LIFT YOUR LEG THAT HIGH TO STEP ON THEM?????? Probably not. Since you were to dumb to connect them, I assume to fat to lift your leg that high....

#3 I don't see any velcro on the bottoms, and they appear to be free standing, not against the back wall of the shelf. So, even if you can lift that pathetic chicken leg or ham hock of a lower ling high enough, you'll kick them over. Dumb@$$

#4 Little pokey hole adjusters and cardboard back of a likely Walmart/Target self assemble shelf system. What a sad pathetic home some of the stylish pedals.

#5 Pedals higher than friends/family photo. Way to send a message as to what is import...

#6 Pedals I like: Sun Face, Iron Horse, Cusack Screamer, OCD.

#7 You have too damn many Gain pedals. Nine? Really? Seriously? 10 if you count the ZVex. Please tell me you turn them all on at once for that "special" tone.

#8 Bare metal red knob nameless pedal. Pretentious AF. As if to say "I don't have a clone, but I do..." Warm Audio or some trash like that?

#9 Then shamelessly presents the Hudson Broadcast for everyone to see.

#9 I actually like the dual plexiglass system. Very modular. You could easily move/remove any of the four quadrants, without disturbing the others. NOT THAT IT EFFING MATTERS IF THEY ARE NOT PLUGGED IN!!!!

#10. Kudos on a three decent Swirls. Phase, Flange, and Chorus. Chorus is a little plebeian and kind of an oddball in the group. Spend all your money on the particle board shelves?

#11. Pedal order - I have to play the "I can't even" card here

Get a REAL board for the floor (or at least velcro them to base and put them of the BOTTOM shelf - geez), buy some freaking patch cables, keep the fuzz and no more than three of their boxes, place the Phase/Chorus/Flange in that order followed by the delays, and get a power source.

My god - do I have to tell everyone everything?!?!?!?!?!? Where did you put the amp? On the the 3rd step up the ladder to the attic?

Seriously man...

Oh man, I didn't think I'd get such a reaction! I'll think twice before not hitting the subject at bullseye.

I wasn't trying to be a joker... I just wanted to show off my toys and join the good vibes.

That said, I don't appreciate the name calling and the personal attacks on my furniture haha but I suppose people say whatever they want online. Then again, maybe you're just joking around; its hard to tell over text!

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    I don't have a pedalboard but does this count close enough? Click image for larger version

Name:	20240219_110357.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	6271276 ​​​​​
    I usually grab one or two pedals at a time. Just a bedroom rockstar
    There always has to be ONE joker in the group...but OK...here we go...

#1 THEY NEED TO BE EFFING CONNECTED!!!!!!!!!! WTF is wrong with you?!?!?!?!?!?!

#2 They are on a shelf, above a picture, so I'm guessing at a minimum, it is the 3rd shelf, or maybe even 4th. CAN YOU EVEN LIFT YOUR LEG THAT HIGH TO STEP ON THEM?????? Probably not. Since you were to dumb to connect them, I assume to fat to lift your leg that high....

#3 I don't see any velcro on the bottoms, and they appear to be free standing, not against the back wall of the shelf. So, even if you can lift that pathetic chicken leg or ham hock of a lower ling high enough, you'll kick them over. Dumb@$$

#4 Little pokey hole adjusters and cardboard back of a likely Walmart/Target self assemble shelf system. What a sad pathetic home some of the stylish pedals.

#5 Pedals higher than friends/family photo. Way to send a message as to what is import...

#6 Pedals I like: Sun Face, Iron Horse, Cusack Screamer, OCD.

#7 You have too damn many Gain pedals. Nine? Really? Seriously? 10 if you count the ZVex. Please tell me you turn them all on at once for that "special" tone.

#8 Bare metal red knob nameless pedal. Pretentious AF. As if to say "I don't have a clone, but I do..." Warm Audio or some trash like that?

#9 Then shamelessly presents the Hudson Broadcast for everyone to see.

#9 I actually like the dual plexiglass system. Very modular. You could easily move/remove any of the four quadrants, without disturbing the others. NOT THAT IT EFFING MATTERS IF THEY ARE NOT PLUGGED IN!!!!

#10. Kudos on a three decent Swirls. Phase, Flange, and Chorus. Chorus is a little plebeian and kind of an oddball in the group. Spend all your money on the particle board shelves?

#11. Pedal order - I have to play the "I can't even" card here

Get a REAL board for the floor (or at least velcro them to base and put them of the BOTTOM shelf - geez), buy some freaking patch cables, keep the fuzz and no more than three of their boxes, place the Phase/Chorus/Flange in that order followed by the delays, and get a power source.

My god - do I have to tell everyone everything?!?!?!?!?!? Where did you put the amp? On the the 3rd step up the ladder to the attic?

Seriously man...

Leave a comment:

• AllHailDIO
    replied
    Thanks Jeremy! I'm quite happy with them. Haven't made much changes to my collection in awhile. May have permanently cured my GAS lol. I know, that doesn't sound much fun though huh?

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    that doesnt count at all, but you have some nice toys!

Leave a comment:

• AllHailDIO
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post

I believe wiring is part of your overall score.
    Fair, fair. Well, I definitely flunked then

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    I don't have a pedalboard but does this count close enough? Click image for larger version

I believe wiring is part of your overall score.

Leave a comment:

• AllHailDIO
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Looks like everything going straight into what I assume is a clean Vox amp.
    VOX is the flavor of the week because it is new but that board bounces between the JC, AC, Fender and sometimes my bass amp depending on my mood.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by Securb View Post
    Bob, here is the current state of my basement board. Pedals are always flying on and off, depending on my needs. I just got it back together. This is not my live/practice/studio board. This is for my noodling in the basement.

I still have to put my other basement board for misfit toys back together with all of my stranger and bizarro stuff. Maybe this weekend. But for now, have at it.

OK....this is very interesting.

I like a lot of things about this board. I don't know why. I should hate it. Odd boxes, dusty/dirty, random cordage. But it has a vibe about it...

The only thing that really bothers me is the Nigel. It seems out of place compared to the rest. If this board is for playing Queen, I wouldn't be surprised.

Looks like everything going straight into what I assume is a clean Vox amp.

But, Polytune first, Treble booster of the May style (modern repro), into the very chic boo-teeky Nigel, then on to three different flavors of swirl: EVH, DOD Chorus, then Rotary speaker. Finally a DD5 set to a medium long-ish delay, and a old (or well used) Morley Volume.

I mean, cables akimbo, but like I said...I want to play Don't Stop Me Now when I see this.

It just says "Old School player" using some appropriate modern pieces to get "that tone"

I like it.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Just got up from last night's gig, getting ready for tonight's. I'll get on this Sunday....

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Bob, here is the current state of my basement board. Pedals are always flying on and off, depending on my needs. I just got it back together. This is not my live/practice/studio board. This is for my noodling in the basement.

I still have to put my other basement board for misfit toys back together with all of my stranger and bizarro stuff. Maybe this weekend. But for now, have at it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X