banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's REVIEW those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Fender came out with their Tone Master tech in a modern pedal, I'd get it. But the original COSM ones didn't work for me.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• Boss's digital tech is pretty good but their OD/Distortion models, amp sims and most of their modulation models are hard for me to hear for very long. "Listening fatigue" is the term that comes to mind.

Their reverbs and delays though, I think are still some of the best in the business. I really like a lot of their older, analog designs too.

Comment

• I don't have a ton of BOSS stuff but what I have I like. I have a DD7, MD-2 for my hardcore stuff, and a Japan issued Black Label BF-2.

Comment

• I know there is a ton of love for the BF-2, but the BF-3 the cat's meow. Everything you need in a Flanger
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

• OK. Here’s mine after a couple of recent updates. The overdrives are mostly here for EQ and boost purposes. The chorus, tremolo and echo are intended to run through my amp’s effects loop but can quickly re-routed to run in series with the other pedals on the front row. The EB is both my tuner and volume pedal.
            Last edited by DKSEARS; 02-01-2022, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Here's the latest iteration of mine. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220206_220853_9.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	6150322

Comment

• Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
                Here's the latest iteration of mine. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220206_220853_9.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	6150322
                Is the cat tail on your amp analog or digital?

Comment

• Originally posted by DKSEARS View Post
                  OK. Here’s mine after a couple of recent updates. The overdrives are mostly here for EQ and boost purposes. The chorus, tremolo and echo are intended to run through my amp’s effects loop but can quickly re-routed to run in series with the other pedals on the front row. The EB is both my tuner and volume pedal.
                  OK....not a lot of "improvement needed here. This is pretty solid work.

1. EB volume pedal. Not sexy, but it works. Fix the top. what is that whole in the middle? Does a picture of your Ex go there so you can step on her face, rock the pedal and shut her up? If yes - that is awesome. Put the pic there! If not, peel that crap and put some kind of decent grippy whatever. Looks official though....I take it back - 1 point for weird surface. Ernie ball does not serve your business. You do not deserve mercy for getting it.

2. MXR EVH first. excellent pedal.

3. Archer. Another big win. deserves better than an Ernie Ball volume.

4. Blue Note. Cool - don't see those often. Nice choice to goose with the Archer. Makes sense why you can't afford better than the EB. Lot of pedals that do what that does for less. Still, classy and unique choice.

5. Wampler Belle mini. I would usually hate on the aesthetic of one mini in a batch of full size. But this doesn't look bad and a great choice.

6. Epoch Boost. No doubt for solo boosts. Nice choice again. I'm a Catalinbread fan.

Really nice front row overall

7. Keeley Seafoam chorus. Keeley doesn't make me jump up and down with glee when you say "chorus" but it is a great choice to stay in the performance level of the board.

8. Keeley Verb O Trem. Nice for tremolos and reverbs when you need them

9 And a Keeley MAg Echo. Again, not my choice of echo but a solid choice again.

This whole Rockett/Wampler/Keeley/CAtalinbread deal is a nice "zone" of price performance. Solid sounds. Almost makes the EVH seem out of place. And most DEFINITELY the EB volume.

I also like the Cocaine/Drug money aluminum case. We should see more of that.

Otherwise, tuck the wires. It's a solid board. Totally respectable . Have a little pride. And WTF is that green thing? Eye sore. Bury it underneath or better yet tope/paint/sharpie it at least!

Comment

• Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

Before we begin, I would just like to say, I think this is the first LPB board we have ever seen!

This is EXCELLENT in EVERYWAY except for four things:

#1 Take the freaking sticker of the 535Q. Seriously. WTH?
                    #2 I really love the presentation grey/pink EXCEPT WTF is that Seafoam crap on the left? You couldn't move the whole pic or crop or something? You even went to the effort to place an actual pic on the wah. So right, yet so wrong. DETAILS people when photographing!!!!
                    #3 More serious: Get the freaking voodoo power underneath. This is a three level board, right? Get that crap in the basement where it belongs!
                    #4 And you might think this minor, but it isn't. Turn the damn patch cables over!!! No unicorn tweed rainbows of patch cable!!!!!! Tuck them down an under. Now again - I REALLY dig the grey/tweed thing. It works (surprisingly) as a combo. Kinda nu-vintage. But again, tuck that $#!t down!!!

That said...DAMN. That is some serious schiz!!! If you can't do it with that, you can't do it.

I'm not a Stymon fan at all, and you know that. But, Mobius/Timeline/Sky. That is a metric crapton of ambience.

Tweak Fuzz, Plumes, CM Plexitone (Classic!) and the Triple Wreck. Fuzz/TS9/Plexi mild to wild/Mesa Madness......MmmmmMMMM!

Bravo - this is a nice setup! I'm not sure what I'd do with the top row....if the power goes under. But I like the spacing.

Comment

• You built that?

Attached Files

Comment

• So LPB actually buy stuff...lol.

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_X00RD mit Tapatalk

Comment

Ready to join us in praise and worship on Sunday!

Comment

Okay if I throw the PitchFactor in that empty spot? Some of those harmonies can sound a little demonic.
                            Yes, as long as you remove the b5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blille View Post

Ready to join us in praise and worship on Sunday!
                              The back row says "praise Jesus!"

The front row, however, is "Jesus H. &^$%%$ Christ!!!!!" or Possibly with the Plumes juicing the Wreck, "Hail Satan!!!!"

Comment

Okay if I throw the PitchFactor in that empty spot? Some of those harmonies can sound a little demonic.
                                That or an H9 even would be excellent!

Comment

Working...
                                X