banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's REVIEW those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post

At a glance - the first issue is I'm dealing with a fanboi.

How about a pedal NOT by Wampler, TC, or MXR?
    The tuner isnt any of those lol
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

• MXR EVH PHASE - EH MEMORY TOY - OUTLAW DUMBLEWEED-DUMBLEWEED - PIGTRONIX CLASS A BOOST - D'ADDARIO TUNER

These are sitting on a Blackbird board with a Marinco plug connected to a 4 outlet strip

Click image for larger version  Name:	bored.jpg Views:	17 Size:	72.9 KB ID:	6158738
      Last edited by Wattage; 03-19-2022, 08:09 AM.
      My Bands -
      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

• My bass pedalboard!

I borrow the Two Notes and MS3 from the guitar one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hsb View Post
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20220316_195716~2.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	6158496Have at it homey, I know issues, lets see whatcha got
          Love this board I could rock it every day twice on Sundays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Securb View Post

Love this board I could rock it every day twice on Sundays.
            Doing that right now
            1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
            Jackson Soloist 7 string
            ESP LTD M-400
            Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

• This is what I have going into my Marshall DSL40CR. I'm waiting on a delay and chorus which will go in the effects loop. The booster is only for use at times on leads. This 6 button Marshall footswitch is super handy!
              It's funny how some stories became historic,
              especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
              But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post
                This is what I have going into my Marshall DSL40CR. I'm waiting on a delay and chorus which will go in the effects loop. The booster is only for use at times on leads. This 6 button Marshall footswitch is super handy!
                I'm gonna ask you this once:

Are you aware of what this thread is? Did you read the first post? This is not "Show us your pedal boards"

Are you sure you are ready for this?
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Comment

I'm gonna ask you this once:

Are you aware of what this thread is? Did you read the first post? This is not "Show us your pedal boards"

Are you sure you are ready for this?
                    Sure. I was actually looking for feedback so I know what thread this is. I know it's not the most eleborate, that's all I need at this time.
                    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

I know it's not the most eleborate, that's all I need at this time.
                      You asked for this. Better put your pads and headgear on. This one is gonna hurt.

First of all, I'll let you know what you need "at this time." And the last thing you need is your opinion on anything! Fortunately, I'm here to cover that.

This will seem counter-intuitive (<= big word meaning the opposite of what you'd expect) but YOU DO NOT NEED A BOARD!!!!! For those askin How TF I came up with that, go read the Russian Novel on questions about how to make a DSL40 work in the amp room! What you need is a life coach to show you how to turn a freaking amp on and play!!!!

But...you insist on providing more evidence for feedback, so here we go...

I'm not surprised about the amp challenges, honestly, as you can't seem how to figure out how top take a non-sideways picture either. Given your tech challenges I'm gonna suggest you take Takimine's advice: Live electric, play acoustic"

I usually wouldn't even bother with such a blurry @$$ hack photo. Ain't got time to have my crack reconnaissance team interpret WTF is on the board, when there are more clear photos of Sasquatch out there. But you need the help. Or a dad, or both.

Let's take it from the top:

1. Boss Tuner - standard fare, no comment. Looking forward to your "How do I change a string thread" and "Can I strip the screws on my tuners" later....

2. Fender Engage Boost. The fact that I had to scroll in google just to find this suggests it sucks. Or maybe you just pissed me off because I can't see the print on this blurry @$$ sideways photo. Still, while the fender line has got a lot of good press, I'm thinking all you need is an MXR Micro Amp. If you need more shaping that that (which is none) get a Boss or MXR EQ instead.

3. Washed out mystery JHS pedal. You like making me work don't you? I'll tell you what you are working - my last nerve! Hell if I can tell. It's a long word so the options are Compressor, Overdrive or Distortion. You have a Marshall DSL40 so you don't need OD or Distortion. Since we can't get you turn the amp on, you are not ready for chorus yet either. So lose it. Or take a better picture. Screw that - it's out.

4. What in the name of Bob Bradshaw is that 6 button monstrosity? Seriously? Really? A Marshall DSL needs two buttons. CLassic/Ultra and Reverb. And you don't need a Reverb button! No wonder you are over thinking everything! Lose that Monstrosity and get a simple two button and be done with it. Are you going from a pop studio gig to a trash show then a blues jam? No. Then Play clean, or play dirty, and leave the Reverb on all the time. (<= DEEP life advice. Make a poster of that and put it up on all fur walls in the room where that amp is.)

Before I make my last points, let's talk about the carpet in this room. Whose Grandma's house is this??? And what appears to be the yellow flowery bedsheet that is on a mattress on the floor? You like like you are renting in some thin walled shack. I don't think you need a pedalboard, let alone and amp. Get an interior decorator first. Even if you musically woo some woman back to your floral covered mattress on granny carpet floor, she's not staying.

And I'll mention this, because I find it disturbing; WTF is that thing in the upper center of the picture, near the boss tuner? Is that your foot? If yes, lie and say no. If not, PLEASE tell me it is some normal object. NO FEET IN THE PICS.

As for the One Spot cable - they make those of different barrel counts. Since you only need two, get a three barrel adapter and lose all that loose juice ends. And as for the Stormtrooper style cable...get it out of the pic or plug it into something. Better yet - put it on the shelf with your Clone Trooper figures.

This is not a board. It is three peals and a way overcomplicated amp switch!

You need a tuner and a two button pedal. Which means you don't need to post in here. Let me throw this your way: Boss GT-1 and headphones with a long cord.....

We got a long long way to go (<= Flagrant Foreigner reference).

WTH is the JHS pedal anyway???

Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

You asked for this. Better put your pads and headgear on. This one is gonna hurt.

First of all, I'll let you know what you need "at this time." And the last thing you need is your opinion on anything! Fortunately, I'm here to cover that.

This will seem counter-intuitive (&lt;= big word meaning the opposite of what you'd expect) but YOU DO NOT NEED A BOARD!!!!! For those askin How TF I came up with that, go read the Russian Novel on questions about how to make a DSL40 work in the amp room! What you need is a life coach to show you how to turn a freaking amp on and play!!!!

I'm not surprised about the amp challenges, honestly, as you can't seem how to figure out how top take a non-sideways picture either. Given your tech challenges I'm gonna suggest you take Takimine's advice: Live electric, play acoustic"

I usually wouldn't even bother with such a blurry @$$ hack photo. Ain't got time to have my crack reconnaissance team interpret WTF is on the board, when there are more clear photos of Sasquatch out there. But you need the help. Or a dad, or both.

1. Boss Tuner - standard fare, no comment. Looking forward to your "How do I change a string thread" and "Can I strip the screws on my tuners" later....

2. Fender Engage Boost. The fact that I had to scroll in google just to find this suggests it sucks. Or maybe you just pissed me off because I can't see the print on this blurry @$$ sideways photo. Still, while the fender line has got a lot of good press, I'm thinking all you need is an MXR Micro Amp. If you need more shaping that that (which is none) get a Boss or MXR EQ instead.

3. Washed out mystery JHS pedal. You like making me work don't you? I'll tell you what you are working - my last nerve! Hell if I can tell. It's a long word so the options are Compressor, Overdrive or Distortion. You have a Marshall DSL40 so you don't need OD or Distortion. Since we can't get you turn the amp on, you are not ready for chorus yet either. So lose it. Or take a better picture. Screw that - it's out.

4. What in the name of Bob Bradshaw is that 6 button monstrosity? Seriously? Really? A Marshall DSL needs two buttons. CLassic/Ultra and Reverb. And you don't need a Reverb button! No wonder you are over thinking everything! Lose that Monstrosity and get a simple two button and be done with it. Are you going from a pop studio gig to a trash show then a blues jam? No. Then Play clean, or play dirty, and leave the Reverb on all the time. (<= DEEP life advice. Make a poster of that and put it up on all fur walls in the room where that amp is.)

Before I make my last points, let's talk about the carpet in this room. Whose Grandma's house is this??? And what appears to be the yellow flowery bedsheet that is on a mattress on the floor? You like like you are renting in some thin walled shack. I don't think you need a pedalboard, let alone and amp. Get an interior decorator first. Even if you musically woo some woman back to your floral covered mattress on granny carpet floor, she's not staying.

And I'll mention this, because I find it disturbing; WTF is that thing in the upper center of the picture, near the boss tuner? Is that your foot? If yes, lie and say no. If not, PLEASE tell me it is some normal object. NO FEET IN THE PICS.

As for the One Spot cable - they make those of different barrel counts. Since you only need two, get a three barrel adapter and lose all that loose juice ends. And as for the Stormtrooper style cable...get it out of the pic or plug it into something. Better yet - put it on the shelf with your Clone Trooper figures.

You need a tuner and a two button pedal. Which means you don't need to post in here. Let me throw this your way: Boss GT-1 and headphones with a long cord.....

The JHS pedal is a screamer set low to push my amp. And that is not a one spot cable it's a boss psa adapter. I like the 6 button footswitch- there is no reverb button on it it's
                        1-clean 2-crunch 3-OD1 4-OD2 5-master select 6-effecets loop on off. And I definitely don't need a life coach as I'm jamming on this amp just fine, it sounds great actually. Since you seem to prefer criticizing my house than my board I got just what I needed to know from this post. Nothing.

Comment

• That was a fantastic read! I genuinely laughed at many parts if it. Can certainly tell there haven't been many posts in here lately. This was a let out of all that pent up pedalboard critique that had to come out. Excellent.

That JHS pedal is the Screamer, their Tube Screamer clone in the 3 Series.

Comment

The JHS pedal is a screamer set low to push my amp. And that is not a one spot cable it's a boss psa adapter. I like the 6 button footswitch- there is no reverb button on it it's
                            1-clean 2-crunch 3-OD1 4-OD2 5-master select 6-effecets loop on off. And I definitely don't need a life coach as I'm jamming on this amp just fine, it sounds great actually. Since you seem to prefer criticizing my house than my board I got just what I needed to know from this post. Nothing.
                            You're not the only one to get that. It's all in good fun, no matter the critique.

That is a cool footswitch for that amp. I gotta admit, having the switchable master volumes is fantastic. One for rhythm, one for lead. You really don't need any sort of boost anywhere else, it's literally right there. I had a Marshall head like that, the JCM 900 MkIII. A single-button footswitch to change between Master A and Master B. The best single channel amp I ever had.

Tuner, JHS Screamer and that footswitch. Done. Man, I need one of those amps.

Comment

This will seem counter-intuitive (&lt;= big word meaning the opposite of what you'd expect) but YOU DO NOT NEED A BOARD!!!!! For those askin How TF I came up with that, go read the Russian Novel on questions about how to make a DSL40 work in the amp room! What you need is a life coach to show you how to turn a freaking amp on and play!!!!

If you were talking about the patch cables they are 'eminence' brand cables. And I had to take a picture from that far above or else it was exceeding the 2mb photo file size limit. Do you not think I tried to get a better picture with everything in it?

Comment

I don't think you need a pedalboard, let alone and amp. Get an interior decorator first. Even if you musically woo some woman back to your floral covered mattress on granny carpet floor, she's not staying.

Comment

Working...
                                X