banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have we discussed the MXR "Duke of Tone"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have we discussed the MXR "Duke of Tone"?

LINK

New micro-sized overdrive pedal based on the famous "Prince of Tone" and co-designed with AnalogMan himself!

Looks pretty dang cool! Hefty price tag, though...

I don’t think so!

I’m a fan. I think it’s great they are making these affordable.

Comment

The demos sound great, and I always liked the King of Tone sound.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Isn’t a King of Tone just two Marshall Bluesbreaker circuits in sequence?

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
          Isn’t a King of Tone just two Marshall Bluesbreaker circuits in sequence?
          I believe it’s BB based not a direct clone.

Comment

Looks like something you'd get out of a Happy Meal or cereal box. They should make a standard MXR sized one of these.

Comment

I do like the smaller sized boxes. Funny, my current board doesn't use any small-sized pedals.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I like mid range and a little mid top sparkle, so KOT has never be my thing, but this is a cool option for KOT fans.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I would buy one if I wasn't already about to have my name come up on the KoT wait list. It does make me wonder though, will this be a case of a "copy" boosting the market for the original as with the Klon?
                  You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                  Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                    I would buy one if I wasn't already about to have my name come up on the KoT wait list. It does make me wonder though, will this be a case of a "copy" boosting the market for the original as with the Klon?
                    When my name came up I played it for a weekend, saw what folks would pay me for it and now I play a different bluesbreaker pedal

Comment

this is kinda like the mxr timmy. its cool that the original builder is involved, and i hope well compensated. getting cool pedals into mass production at a reasonable cost should be good for everyone. i need the battery option so these dont suit my needs but im glad they are out there

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post

When my name came up I played it for a weekend, saw what folks would pay me for it and now I play a different bluesbreaker pedal
                        Imma hold out on mine. I've played one, and it seems like the sort of pedal that everyone can get a good sound out of except me. But it seems like they are slowing down heavily with the production, so the prices may go up. Granted, I'm not really interested in selling, just having a desirable piece of gear.
                        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post

Imma hold out on mine. I've played one, and it seems like the sort of pedal that everyone can get a good sound out of except me. But it seems like they are slowing down heavily with the production, so the prices may go up. Granted, I'm not really interested in selling, just having a desirable piece of gear.
                          I hear you. When I sold they were obviously much cheaper than what they go for now so you’re probably doing the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                            I do like the smaller sized boxes. Funny, my current board doesn't use any small-sized pedals.
                            Steve Dallas has recently added a Mosky Golden Horse to his board.
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Also - you could easily get two little ones and set them up like a King of Tone!
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X