Duncan Custom SH-5 Special Van halen pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Duncan Custom SH-5 Special Van halen pickup

I had my 1973 PTP Marshall modded by Dave Bray with the famous Mod Rework I. Basically EVH in a nutshell. This is the MP3 David sent me of my amp when he fin...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

A better version than my previous video.Bray Marshall plexi, home made bumble bee destroyer

Here is a few that I found. Yes they are not 100% on, but they are all about 90% of the way there. Like I said before....the other 10% is in your techinque and such
    2015 Knaggs Steve Stevens SSC T2
    Majik Box Doug Aldrich "Rocket Fuel"
    Majik Box Filthy Lucre

Comment

Why do you humor him? Even if it WAS "100%" spot on, he'd disagree with you!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hunter View Post
        Here is VH's amp with a stock super 70, thats a lot of gain going on there from a super 70? something is in that signal chain other than guitar/super 70/marshall plexi.
        Alnico 8's are very strong magnets and have more gauss potential than ceramic. The lower-wind of Super 70's is negated by the pull and huge magnetic field of the magnet. We also don't know exactly how close to the strings he had it. I say a Super 70 could easily put our more voltage to the preamp than a PAF or "78", especially with Ed's strong strumming technique. Not a mystery to me. Go to the metroamp site and listen to the dude playing Unchained with a stock Les Paul through a 12xxx SLP clone. Near perfect... just guitar into amp. No cascading, no mods... just a period-correct Plexi, cranked.
        Last edited by IanBallard; 06-25-2011, 06:36 PM.

Comment

*EDIT* DOH, apparently I was on page 3 when I posted, I'm outta here this is nuts....

But yeah, there is Phase 90 with the speed turned down all over Runnin', and most of the album.
          Last edited by devastone; 06-25-2011, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oilpit View Post
            Clearly different people wrote these posts, they share NO similarities!!!
            Wow.... just.. wow.

Comment

Im not going to agree with people who have no clue,and as for the insult throwers,if your going to throw insults im going to slap back,thats no problem,those clips are not close,go back and listen to the iso running with the devil clip and then compare,no comparision.There is no phase 90 on running with the devil,try again...Lets be serious kids........
              Last edited by pittbull; 06-25-2011, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pittbull View Post
                Im not going to agree with people who have no clue,and as for the insult throwers,if your going to throw insults im going to slap back,thats no problem,those clips are not close,go back and listen to the iso running with the devil clip and then compare,no comparision.There is no phase 90 on running with the devil,try again...
                Call your doctor and tell him you need your dose of medication bumped up
                2015 Knaggs Steve Stevens SSC T2
                Majik Box Doug Aldrich "Rocket Fuel"
                Majik Box Filthy Lucre

Comment

Give me what you guys are on,then I will post things like you guys......

Comment

You're already on way too much...maybe you should just sit down and take it easy. Wouldn't want you to o.d. on all that ego you've been injecting straight into your head!

By the way, an extra dose of "reality" is what we're all on! We've offered you some, but it's obviously not your thing!

::ring:ring::
                    Phone Call! It's Eddie Van Halen asking for someone by the name of "Pittbull" or "Nitro"...
                    He says you didn't use protection the other night and now the input jack hole on his amp is pregnant! Also, both he and his amp have a restraining order against you...stop trying to have his tone babies!

Last edited by Masta' C; 06-25-2011, 07:18 PM.

Comment

this solo has the phase 90 on. that is a smoking tone with a unusual amount of gain i have not heard anyone else get from their plexi? he had something in front of that amp!

Comment

I dunno... I'm The One and all the Frankie tracks sound a lot like VHII to me. I think the production and level of compression in the post-recording mix might be the key. I think they went "overboard" on the first record and even Eddie didn't like it that much.

Comment

Maybe it just sounds that heavy cause of the way it was mixed. Studio magic and all that. What all effects did Ed have on his pedalboard?

Comment

Originally posted by Gplayerzzz View Post
                            Maybe it just sounds that heavy cause of the way it was mixed. Studio magic and all that. What all effects did Ed have on his pedalboard?
                            Jose Arrandondo (sp?), his old amp tech, said he used a boost or distortion pedal. Maybe, maybe not. Maybe it was a hot ceramic. Maybe it was aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by Gplayerzzz View Post
                              at the time of that record he was using a MXR script phase 90,echoplex,univox for ending of eruption, MXR flanger(aint talkin bout love)
                              thats it

Comment

Originally posted by IanBallard View Post
                                Jose Arrandondo (sp?), his old amp tech, said he used a boost or distortion pedal. Maybe, maybe not. Maybe it was a hot ceramic. Maybe it was aliens.
                                My vote goes for the OD box in conjunction with a cranked plexi and a 14K ceramic,then you would get that dose of gain from a SLP
                                That or
                                Something like this!

Last edited by Ed Hunter; 06-25-2011, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X