Fugly Bucker - Come and Get it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fugly Bucker - Come and Get it

wasn't this the forum humbucker design???

Have I missed the boat for a set???
    Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
    you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1 View Post
      Dr. Barlo, I'll take a pic or two without flash and just overhead lighting. It's not exactly textured (I would call the PA bobbin textured) but not as shiny or black as the normal Duncan bobbins.
      Thanks man, I appreciate it.

B
      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Fusion, I looked over your picture with Derek and he says it looks blasted. If it wasn't blasted it would very glossy. His best guess is that the original picture got a slight sheen of wax which makes it a little less matte finish.

Comment

K thanks Scott, I sort of figured it was sandblasted, since it wasn't overly glossy. Did the ones we all received get less sandblasting than the original prototype of the matte bobbin though?

Comment

Originally posted by Left_Hand_Strat View Post
            wasn't this the forum humbucker design???
            Have I missed the boat for a set???
            Yes.
            And no, you haven't.
            I think you have a couple of more days, but you might want to contact the Custom Shop.

For forum members who met the deadline: $110 single / $200 set (+shipping)
            Standard Custom Shop price: $160 single / $300 set (+shipping)
            To order, email [email protected]
            Make sure to include your forum username to get the discount.
            MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
            Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

Not a big contribution, but I got mine in the mail this week. Here's the before...

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0442.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	5763780

...and the after.

Name:	100_0443.jpg
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	5763781

I wish I could comment on the sound, but they're not even soldered in yet. I just put them in physically. Hopefully tomorrow, or by the weekend at the latest. But they really don't look bad, especially since this is the first time I've had a set of pickups in the guitar that match. And the bobbins line up perfectly.

Comment

Dr. Barlo, this is for you.

With flash off it does seem more matte than the earlier pic.

Name:	FB1.jpg
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	5763782

Name:	FB2.jpg
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	5763783

Comment

Fusion1,

Thanks. I appreciate the time and help.

B

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1 View Post
                    K thanks Scott, I sort of figured it was sandblasted, since it wasn't overly glossy. Did the ones we all received get less sandblasting than the original prototype of the matte bobbin though?
                    No, we think it just got a little wax on the bobin which is why the original pic may show it a little less glossy. I'll see if we can't get a new picture sometime soon.

The ordering period is still open until 1/15/13.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Olson View Post
                      No, we think it just got a little wax on the bobin which is why the original pic may show it a little less glossy. I'll see if we can't get a new picture sometime soon.

The ordering period is still open until 1/15/13.
                      Thanks Scott!! I was thinking it ended 12/15 and have been stressed I wouldnt get in on time. All my $ is tied up in paypal..
                      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Anyone had time to demo these Fuglies?
                        Hamer,Fender Kramer,Epiphone,Yamaha
                        Full Shred,'78 EVH,Custom 5,Alnico Pro II's,Vintage Rails,STK-1,STK-2.

Comment

I really meant to do some recording with it so far, but that guitar is in E and everything I've recorded in the last month is not. Sorry. It'll happen, and when it does I'll post it here. Maybe my pick for next week's riff game will be in standard.
                          Originally posted by Aceman
                          It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

I think I might be getting a guitar to put these, now I am even more eager to see the charge on my card than before...
                            Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                            I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                            Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                            Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

B

Comment

sound clips anyone??
                                I was wondering if these Fuglies, since they are A2's and have a resistance of 8-8.5K , sound close to the Slash set or maybe even PG's??
                                Hamer,Fender Kramer,Epiphone,Yamaha
                                Full Shred,'78 EVH,Custom 5,Alnico Pro II's,Vintage Rails,STK-1,STK-2.

Comment

Working...
                                X