banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whole Lotta Humbucker. Who's tried them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whole Lotta Humbucker. Who's tried them?

i dont believe so

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo View Post
      There is no TB version, no?

B
      They do make TB versions. And these pickups are 4 conductor, which is great because my LP Goldtop has pullup tone pots, and I'd try these pickups in a PRS McCarty also.

One of my McCartys has 50th Anniversary A2 Seth Lovers. The other has a C5/59 zebra set I'd like to swap out for the Whole Lottas.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
        They do make TB versions. And these pickups are 4 conductor, which is great because my LP Goldtop has pullup tone pots, and I'd try these pickups in a PRS McCarty also.

One of my McCartys has 50th Anniversary A2 Seth Lovers. The other has a C5/59 zebra set I'd like to swap out for the Whole Lottas.
        If you ever want to get rid of the bridge or neck of that C5/59 set, talk to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon_F View Post
          They are, but with some cool differences. I have always struggled with the '59n in a Les Paul. Nice top end but boomy on the bottom strings. No such issue with the WLH - lovely even response across the strings.
          This would be great cuz I dont like the scooped nature of the 59s. Ive put A4 mags in a few to roll down the highs and lows alil. And Im betting that having alil more in the mids would make them seem alil more aggressive too. I like 59/w A4 in the neck but 59s in the bridge have always seemed to weak to me. These would prolly be perfect!

Originally posted by Soulcrusher_X View Post
          Lol, you my friend need more LPs, too.
          YEs, I DO!! I cant afford any more tho.. So..... Since I have an LTD1000CTM that I was gonna sell, I may keep it cuz Id be losing my shirt by selling it. And gut the actives out and that would allow me try 2 of the three sets I wanna try.. (but, then I also think maybe I should try the blackouts too.. )
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post

Cool!

Using them in my McCarty is exactly what I was thinking.

B
            FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

****** all to hell... I need more guitars, too (which isn't gonna happen for a while)

Comment

Yeppa. I installed a set this morning.
                "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Saw your thread on them Gibson 175. Seems that you are very impressed! Please put up some clips or add addl thoughts once you have a chance to work em out! Im getting very much convinced to try these. was really interested in a Slash set, but tho I love the reg AIIp in the neck , but found it too weak in the bridge for my liking. So I was hoping the Slash set would give me that lil bit extra, but I think these WLH will be more up my alley..
                  Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                    I love the reg AIIp in the neck , but found it too weak in the bridge for my liking.
                    A8 mag... does it ring a bell, Bloodrose?

It does pair up well with an A2 in the neck too.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                      Saw your thread on them Gibson 175. Seems that you are very impressed! Please put up some clips or add addl thoughts once you have a chance to work em out! Im getting very much convinced to try these. was really interested in a Slash set, but tho I love the reg AIIp in the neck , but found it too weak in the bridge for my liking. So I was hoping the Slash set would give me that lil bit extra, but I think these WLH will be more up my alley..
                      the bridge pickup is epic
                      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                        the bridge pickup is epic
                        Yes, but so is the neck pickup!

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
                          A8 mag... does it ring a bell, Bloodrose?

It does pair up well with an A2 in the neck too.
                          LOL! Yeah, A8 makes it great! haha So, you saying A8 in an AIIpro is killer?

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by Simon_F View Post
                            Yes, but so is the neck pickup!
                            Hell yes it is!

re: clips...sorry im dragging my feet. It took longer than expected to build a new overdrive and im spending this weekend with my gf. Monday hopefully.
                            Last edited by Chickenwings; 08-16-2013, 06:20 PM.
                            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I want some audio clips. Can anyone here guide me to them!?
                              Check out my solo singer/songwriter/guitarist work on Facebook!
                              Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by OsvyRock View Post
                                I want some audio clips. Can anyone here guide me to them!?
                                Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
                                X