banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whole Lotta Humbucker. Who's tried them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whole Lotta Humbucker. Who's tried them?

Originally posted by Soulcrusher_X View Post
    J.LaGrassa, that is a beautiful LP. The zebras look incredible. Man, Seymour is really churning out some winners, lately, eh? I have been really tempted to try out some of the Bareknuckle pickups, but I don't know.....the Slash set and WLH are high on my GAS list. Still, I'd like to try some PGs too. F-it. I need more Les Pauls.

I fully agree!!! I have a PG set in one and its KILLER! I have a BK rebel yell set in one and its killer! I have only one more and Im dying trying to figure out whether to go with the WLH, Slash set or the distortion/AIIP set I orig planned.
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Lol, you my friend need more LPs, too.

LP Custom
      Greenbacks
      Boss SD-1

Comment

I will be testing these pickups out tonight with my band and see how I feel with these, overall I really like the tone but a little on the fence with the treble of the bridge I'm just use to a warmer bridge pup where my LP is a bit bright anyway!

Comment

Any body know if you can buy the pups individually and how much for one? I would like to try the neck version.

Edit: Never mind just found out. 95$ for one uncovered
          Last edited by Rockstar216; 06-09-2013, 05:33 PM.
          Originally posted by KBliss
          WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
          Originally posted by trevorus
          The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Originally posted by J.LaGrassa View Post
            I will be testing these pickups out tonight with my band and see how I feel with these, overall I really like the tone but a little on the fence with the treble of the bridge I'm just use to a warmer bridge pup where my LP is a bit bright anyway!
            Ooh. Another MA forumite. Does your band play out?

LP Custom
            Greenbacks
            Boss SD-1

Comment

Originally posted by J.LaGrassa View Post
              Really, too bright? I think they're clear and have some grit in the bright range, but I wouldn't categorize them as bright. Then again, even though mine are in a strat, that guitar is surprisingly warm. I think if I put them in my other strat they would come off as a tad bright. Just a matter of matching the right guitar to 'em I guess, and if you're LP is bright, well that'd do it. I find the highs less cutting than the '59 and also less bright than the C/59 that I had before. Post up some more info about your experiences, I'm really curious to see what impressions you have. Especially after playing with the band! Good luck on the gig.
              MEMBER OF THE SACRED ORDER OF THE STONECUTTERS

Comment

Originally posted by ExplorersRock View Post
                Really, too bright? I think they're clear and have some grit in the bright range, but I wouldn't categorize them as bright. Then again, even though mine are in a strat, that guitar is surprisingly warm. I think if I put them in my other strat they would come off as a tad bright. Just a matter of matching the right guitar to 'em I guess, and if you're LP is bright, well that'd do it. I find the highs less cutting than the '59 and also less bright than the C/59 that I had before. Post up some more info about your experiences, I'm really curious to see what impressions you have. Especially after playing with the band! Good luck on the gig.

Just got home and the pups actually worked out quite nicely in a band mix, I think its just a matter of my ears getting use to the clarity the bridge has It's bright but not over bearing! I definitely prefer the "Whole Lotta Humbuckers" over a set of 59's
                Last edited by J.LaGrassa; 06-11-2013, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulcrusher_X View Post
                  Ooh. Another MA forumite. Does your band play out?

Not playing out as much these days but do still get out there, playing a benefit in a couple of weeks in the North Shore area also have a few private bashes coming up!

Comment

I want a set in zebra but can't find them anywhere.
                    Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

I really like what I'm hearing about this set. How would the WLH set compare to something like the dimarzio 36th anniversary set in a les Paul? I'm more of a Duncan guy but I've heard good things.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr 9finger View Post
                        Talk to banjomikez http://stores.ebay.com/banjomikez

I asked him for a floor shop custom and it was only a small upcharge. He might be able to make it happen for you.

LP Custom
                        Greenbacks
                        Boss SD-1

Comment

Originally posted by Mr 9finger View Post

Comment

^ ask and ye shall receive!

LP Custom
                            Greenbacks
                            Boss SD-1

Comment

I have only seen two or three demos of the Whole Lotta Humbucker.
                              What are your opinions on the Whole Lotta Humbucker set so far?
                              Check out my solo singer/songwriter/guitarist work on Facebook!
                              Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

There is no TB version, no?

B
                                FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Working...
                                X