NPD: Custom Shop IM1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NPD: Custom Shop IM1

that'd definitely be up your alley, as you've shown you have the brown sound nailed. I did a little bit of a comparison recording the day I swapped the 78 out for the IM1, but I'm afraid it was a more modern VH tone that didn't reveal the differences as well as I was hoping for. I might give it another shot at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by darthphineas View Post
      Dude that's awesome. My first thought is that the IM1 is like a 78 with a slightly modern flavor. You get the best of both worlds (VH pun). heh!

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk
      And darth, you know what it's wooooooorth!
      "I shall allow this GAS bubble to pass, a mere fart in time." - Aceman

Comment

Originally posted by appar111 View Post
        And darth, you know what it's wooooooorth!
        some stock in a tequila brand that is based about of Cabo?

Comment

What was the verdict on this Darth? Or are you still taking a siesta from eating the tortillas??
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I heard the LonePhantom demo of this pickup yesterday... Pickup GAS! That is the kind of pickup you buy a new guitar just for an excuse to buy the pickup!

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
              What was the verdict on this Darth? Or are you still taking a siesta from eating the tortillas??
              Pretty much the same as I originally thought. It's like a hot-vintage range output with a voicing that is more focused. The lows are a little tighter and the highs are a little sharper.

No clue how the description on the website keeps going back to an A2 mag, seeing the MJ would know more about how they are made and the color of the marking on the edge of the magnet gives it away. The stock magnet is a degaussed A5. I discussed the magnets with MJ and she will be happy to put an A2 in there (for example, of you like an EVH Frankie tone), but when I mentioned my original plans for it, she said she wanted it to be the stock version and used the degaussed A5.

Its a fun pickup. A bit of a nice variation from other models. Sometimes I think of it as a sharper edgier sounding 78 and sometimes I think of it as a lower output JB (with tighter lows). I can see it being more receptive to more wood options than the 78.

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
                I think MJ just coniated a new phrase:

"The proof is in the tortilla"

Anyway, this kind of human being treatment is just something we, Europeans, will never have.

All we have to deal with is some ignorant, in-bad-faith-acting, petulant schmuck, trying to lure us into pay full Custom Shop rates with Custom Floor Shop items, plus making us up to six months or more for any custom order, just because he couldn't be bothered into writing an extra line of text to actually make the order, and in the meantime trying to sell us something that we don't want and wouldn't work at all for the mentioned task but he's got in stock.

HTH,
                That about sums up Europe doesn't it..? Mind you, ordering from Germany is great - 7 days and it's there.
                Anything is possible, just not always advisable...

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner4Life View Post
                  I heard the LonePhantom demo of this pickup yesterday... Pickup GAS! That is the kind of pickup you buy a new guitar just for an excuse to buy the pickup!
                  I'm making one for that. Designed for pickup testing.
                  Anything is possible, just not always advisable...

Comment

You just gave me an idea that I really didn't need

Comment

Working...
                    X