banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

Originally posted by ErikH
    Without GL, to me Dokken is nothing. It's not the same. Sure, we can argue the VH thing all day long that they're not the same without DLR and blah blah blah, but this is different. EVH is the signature sound of VH, GL is/was the signature sound of Dokken. The difference between the two is GL isn't in the band anymore.
    I guess I can understand that...but I never though George's playing *MADE* Dokken. Whereas it's obvious with VH.

I always felt like Dokken's identity was Don's voice, and song style/structure (that said I have not heard any Dokken w/out George, and I was never a hardcore fan of the band or George... so maybe I'm off base here).
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Dokken material now isn't too different than it was on Dysfunctional. Erase the Slate was more of a departure from that than Long Way Home and Hell to Pay. Then again, when I think GL and Dokken, I'm thinking Tooth and Nail or Back for the Attack, not Dysfuntional.

Dokken is still Dokken, but it's not the same band as it was in their hayday. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the slow progression to their new sound began before GL left, but didn't completely materialise until Long Way Home.
      Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Need to revive this thread. . . . where's George?
        Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Where`s Wicked Lester?
          When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

^^^Both are good questions.
            It's hard to be metal in girl pants.

My Gear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

I wonder if he knows the WCR Shredder pickup is out there!?

Comment

8 pages!?! Let's bump it up again.
                Originally posted by Scott_F
                On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Will someone please end this thread? It's nice that you guys like Lynch, and I don't have any disrespect for him. However, he's not the "baddest mutha" either. No one is. A competition for who's the king of music for electric guitar would only end up with a bunch of memorable performances and no conclusions.
                  My Music Page
                  Originally posted by vinterland
                  I don't know how he made his guitar sound like a carnival ride but he managed to.
                  Gear: Hot-Rodded ESP LTD EC-100QM; 1972 Fender Twin Reverb; Boss ME-50 Multieffects Board; Ovation Celebrity Custom CS247; Ibanez RX240 two classic stacks and a JB trembucker <- next project

Comment

This thread shall live! George Lynch is the baddest mutha around!

Comment

I'm listenning to "Furious George" right now... got them piercing highs on his tone... too much highs for my taste...

Comment

Originally posted by neosadist
                        Will someone please end this thread? It's nice that you guys like Lynch, and I don't have any disrespect for him. However, he's not the "baddest mutha" either. No one is. A competition for who's the king of music for electric guitar would only end up with a bunch of memorable performances and no conclusions.
                        What do you mean end this thread , your still posting on it
                        When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Originally posted by 51501984
                          What do you mean end this thread , your still posting on it
                          It's hard to be metal in girl pants.

My Gear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by laxcdn
                            I have been a GL fan for years. I saw them back when they opened for Kiss in 87. Here is a new tune from and IM tribute.
                            This website is for sale! rykodisc-media.com is your first and best source for all of the information you&#8217;re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, rykodisc-media.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I think Randy is over rated because he died early in his career. As for EVH I like some of his tunes, but he never really caught on with me. I was never a big one for pop metal stuff like VH, Bon Jovi more into Dokken, Motley Crue, Kiss, Metallica stuff from mid-early 80's.
                            Dude, I know you can't be talkin' about Randy Rhoads. If so, you need to rush out and get a copy of Blizzard of Oz and Diary of a Madman as fast as you can. There is absolutely nothing overrated about the material on those two recordings. Are you sure you weren't listening to something else? You may also want to pick up a copy of Van Halen I and II while you're out.
                            My Gear:
                            Kramer USA Baretta II;Ibanez RG550 (MIJ)
                            Laney Pro Tube Lead AOR 50watt 1x12" Combo
                            Boss GT-3;ProCo Rat2;DOD 250 Overdrive/Preamp;DOD 201 Phaser;DOD FX-90 Delay

Pickups Used:
                            TB-12 Screamin' Demon;TB-4 JB;SH-10 Full Shred;SH-5 Custom;TB-1 '59;TB-6 Distortion

Comment

so i am actually a drummer ,and i like the rythm of GL.But his soloing is not my taste.
                              I do not see somebody who writes about Marty Friedman ,wich is the better one compared with GL ,Sambora or even EVH...Better rythm feeling ,better soloing with wide open scales ,perfect bendings and enough speed.
                              Anyways ,GL deserves his own thread ,and as i saw yesterday ,he has his DOJO now.
                              www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Wicked Lester is a genius! I love this thread.

What was it about again?
                                Originally posted by Scott_F
                                On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Working...
                                X