banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

Originally posted by daemon barbeque
    I do not see somebody who writes about Marty Friedman ,wich is the better one compared with GL ,Sambora or even EVH...Better rythm feeling ,better soloing with wide open scales ,perfect bendings and enough speed.
    Well, you might be right... but... George's 80's two-tone hair was the bomb!!

And.... he's the master of his own dojo so he's got that going for him.
    Originally posted by Scott_F
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Originally posted by daemon barbeque
      so i am actually a drummer ,and i like the rythm of GL.But his soloing is not my taste.
      I do not see somebody who writes about Marty Friedman ,wich is the better one compared with GL ,Sambora or even EVH...Better rythm feeling ,better soloing with wide open scales ,perfect bendings and enough speed.
      Anyways ,GL deserves his own thread ,and as i saw yesterday ,he has his DOJO now.

HA HA HA HA

Q: What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians???
      A: A drummer!
      Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Breaking The Chains ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Leather Rebel
          Dude, I know you can't be talkin' about Randy Rhoads. If so, you need to rush out and get a copy of Blizzard of Oz and Diary of a Madman as fast as you can. There is absolutely nothing overrated about the material on those two recordings. Are you sure you weren't listening to something else? You may also want to pick up a copy of Van Halen I and II while you're out.
          I don’t think Randy Rhoads was overrated at all, but his untimely death escalated his name for sure. I often wondered if his legacy would have been as great had he not died.

Very cool to see this thread still alive. Some one mentioned Furious George… I think I’ll give it a listen again… haven’t spun it in a while. The tone in “All Along the Watchtower” and “I Want You/She’s So Heavy” is quite tasty. After that, I’ll listen to the best tone ever recorded by GL: “Love Power From the Mama Head.” Mmmmm, tone.
          Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

randy rhoads overrated????
            that guy was a great player and deserves any recognition he got then and now!
            as far as lynch i like him but dont think he is the "baddest mutha"
            that title goes to alan holdsworth who to me is a true innovator

Comment

[QUOTE=MikeS]I don’t think Randy Rhoads was overrated at all, but his untimely death escalated his name for sure. I often wondered if his legacy would have been as great had he not died.
              [QUOTE]

If he were still alive today . . . we wouldn't have anyone ELSE to talk about!
              Word!

Comment

[QUOTE=80's_Metal][QUOTE=MikeS]I don’t think Randy Rhoads was overrated at all, but his untimely death escalated his name for sure. I often wondered if his legacy would have been as great had he not died.

If he were still alive today . . . we wouldn't have anyone ELSE to talk about!
                Word!
                I have wondered if randy would have dropped the rock gig and went pure classical?
                he really loved traditional classical playing.

Comment

He was. . . . theres a video with Ozzy talking about how Randy wanted to quit the road trips and pursue a teaching career of music. . . I think it was UCLA. What a talent. And a genuinely nice guy too. . . . all five foot zero of him.

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal
                    HA HA HA HA

Q: What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians???
                    A: A drummer!
                    heheheeh
                    Yeah maybe your right.Drummers are mostly aliens with octopus genes and Frank Zappa soul.We are not NORMAL
                    www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Baddest mutha around?
                      Hell yeah mutha****a!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kramer
                        Baddest mutha around?
                        Hell yeah mutha****a!!!
                        you go kramer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have seen alot of these other guitar players and they all rock. but for my money i'll take mr SCARY !!!!!!!!!! got to check out the new point to point wired randalls that he was using on his last tour they crush !!!!!!!!
                        Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
                        Suhr OD-50
                        Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

I was a huge Dokken/George Lynch fan from Breaking the Chains through Under Lock & Key. I'm not a guitarist with the temperament to sit down & learn a song from start to finish, but I remember doing that with "Breaking the Chains" & "In My Dreams". I still think "It's Not Love" is one of the coolest riffs in the world. I don't know what it was about Back for the Attack, but I just couldn't get into it. (Maybe it was "Dream Warriors".) Even "Mr. Scary" didn't really get my blood boiling. I lost interest in the band, & then GL left.
                          (Actually, now that I think about it, it may have been Slash's fault. I was eating, breathing, & sleeping Appetite for Destruction around that time.)

I loved the "Wicked Sensation" album, still do. It's better than any of the Dokken releases. That was the last album I've liked from him, though. He's a great player, one of my favorites, but his recent releases just haven't captured my attention.
                          Curt
                          CGord on myspace.com or soundclick.com

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, Black Cherry
                          Dean Z-X, SD SH-6 Distortion (bridge), Black
                          Ibanez RG410, EMG 85, Pearl Red
                          Squier '51, 2-Tone Sunburst
                          Washburn WG587, Metallic Red
                          Schecter Stiletto Deluxe-5 bass, Black
                          Ibanez SR500 bass, Satin Mahogany

Comment

Originally posted by CGord
                            I was a huge Dokken/George Lynch fan from Breaking the Chains through Under Lock & Key. I'm not a guitarist with the temperament to sit down & learn a song from start to finish, but I remember doing that with "Breaking the Chains" & "In My Dreams". I still think "It's Not Love" is one of the coolest riffs in the world. I don't know what it was about Back for the Attack, but I just couldn't get into it. (Maybe it was "Dream Warriors".) Even "Mr. Scary" didn't really get my blood boiling. I lost interest in the band, & then GL left.
                            (Actually, now that I think about it, it may have been Slash's fault. I was eating, breathing, & sleeping Appetite for Destruction around that time.)

I loved the "Wicked Sensation" album, still do. It's better than any of the Dokken releases. That was the last album I've liked from him, though. He's a great player, one of my favorites, but his recent releases just haven't captured my attention.
                            Check out the main riff on "Sleepless Nights" from Back For The Attack. Pretty simple to play but it`s sounds so damn cool. I wasn`t a huge fan of BFTA when it came out in `87 but rediscovered it years later.
                            When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

That's what I'm talking about.
                              Originally posted by Scott_F
                              On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Originally posted by shred-dog
                                you go kramer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have seen alot of these other guitar players and they all rock. but for my money i'll take mr SCARY !!!!!!!!!! got to check out the new point to point wired randalls that he was using on his last tour they crush !!!!!!!!
                                Funny thing is when I saw him on the latest tour in Jersey he uses Marshalls. No Randalls anywhere.

I still think a good Hughes & Kettner Triamp MKII will crush the Randall anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X