Do you need a trembucker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeKindRewind View Post
    I asked this question one time and the way it was explained to me is, there's more wire, yes, but the same amount of turns, so it's the same amount of output
    That's circular reasoning.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post

That's circular reasoning.
      No, it's a long winding argument
      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Adieu is back!
        I bought them for you

Comment

too funny

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
            Adieu is back!
            I bid you Adieu.

Comment

Output follows inductance, which follows the turn count.

Comment

Circular reasoning and argument by repetition.
                I bought them for you

Comment

I have always matched up my pickups with accurate string spacing. You can get any with not doing so but why would you? You are putting in a pickup to get a result, why not get the best result possible and make it match properly?
                  The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I think some people don't care if the poles line up perfectly, and you can't hear a difference with high-output pickups. I tend to like everything matching up if I have the choice, though.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I normally will get the right spacing when/if I can. However, when it comes to the difference better DiMarzio F-Spaced and Duncan Tremspaced, there is a difference. Duncan's are slightly wider and match up great with vintage 6-screw wide spaced trems. DiMarzios are slightly narrower.

In addition, the DiMarzio coil size is the same with the standard and F-Spaced pickups. The pole pieces are where the difference comes in (notice many do not have screws that go through the base plate). Duncans are physically wider than the standard spaced model, meaning the entire pickup is wider.

Comment

Working...
                      X