This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tynr1975 View Post
    The ones I’ve seen in stores don’t have it. If you build one on the SD website, it starts with the logo in the picture, but once you select 1C or 4C the logo disappears from the picture.
    Looks like a a Dec/2019 build date.Maybe they did a run in 2019?
    That's why I said OEM. OEM is not in store.

Comment

• Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

That's why I said OEM. OEM is not in store.
      Makes no sense.
      If I buy a SD Jazz from my music store and they ordered it from SD it’s just as OEM as the one I would order directly from SD. I don’t think they sprinkle magic pixie dust on the one ordered directly from them. We’re talking about a production 59 model.
      OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer

Comment

• Originally posted by ToneFiddler View Post
        Can you spot the wire color trough the hole?
        Had a chance to look and it’s cooper, possibly a slight tinge of red, like the JB one I ordered from Seymour Duncan.

Comment

• Originally posted by hank75 View Post

Had a chance to look and it’s cooper, possibly a slight tinge of red, like the JB one I ordered from Seymour Duncan.
          Should be dark purple!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tynr1975 View Post
            Makes no sense.
            If I buy a SD Jazz from my music store and they ordered it from SD it’s just as OEM as the one I would order directly from SD. I don’t think they sprinkle magic pixie dust on the one ordered directly from them. We’re talking about a production 59 model.
            OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer
            You don't seem to know what OEM indicates. OEM are used in manufactured goods, like an assembled guitar, not sold individually in stores. The person said it was "second-hand", which to me indicates it was either pulled from a guitar or could have been stock intended to be used in manufacturing a particular guitar model, which makes it a candidate to being an OEM model, not one you buy off store shelves. OEM 59s, for example, for Charvel, most have the logo that I've seen.
            Last edited by beaubrummels; 03-22-2024, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• Is it normal if I can remove the plastic pickup cover on my duckbucker single coil sized humbucker? I have to use a piece of tape to hold the pickup inside the plastic pickup cover

Comment

• Originally posted by ThomasP View Post
                Is it normal if I can remove the plastic pickup cover on my duckbucker single coil sized humbucker? I have to use a piece of tape to hold the pickup inside the plastic pickup cover
                Generally, they are glued on. If you post pics of the pickup, we might be able to determine if it is legit.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                X