Hunter pickup - George Lynch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sirion View Post

Should we suggest the name "Flakybucker" for future off-the-menu orders?
    That's already a thing.
    But it's called the Fuglybucker.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
      I think he meant single "thickness" as in a "standard thickness" mag (rather than one "thick" magnet). Basically what some of us would refer to as a "Distortion lite"
      I think you're right, he meant single-thick rather than a single thick mag. My mistake.
      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

An anagram for "George Lynch Hunter" is the "Grouchy Lengthener"

Comment

Originally posted by GrilledChickenSalad View Post
          Tried to order hunter last year. Custom shop said George doesn't want them made any more.

Asked custom shop to make with different name. Was told NO.

Comment

I was really wanting to try the Hunter too. Especially since the Duncan Distortion is one of my favorites. Guess that's not gonna happen now.

I have a few suggestions for you though if you want to try something else that might be similar:

Duncan Distortion neck - originally called the Seymourizer II and made for the bridge position
            Seymour Duncan DD-1 Holeshot - supposed to be similar to a JB/Distortion with a tweaked EQ
            Seymour Duncan Gus G Blackouts - active pickup modeled after the DD
            Gibson 500t - also kind of similar to a DD, but it's own flavor
            Dimarzio Evo2 - another great ceramic pickup that is close to what you're looking for
            Wolftone Blisterbucker - some people say it's like a clearer, underwound DD
            Bareknuckle Painkiller - BKP version of a DD

and also maybe the
            Seymour Duncan PATB-1 Parallel Axis - this one has an A5 magnet instead of ceramic, but also a killer pickup with a similar sound

Comment

Originally posted by Overlord View Post
              Seymour Duncan DD-1 Holeshot - supposed to be similar to a JB/Distortion with a tweaked EQ
              The DD-1 Holeshot is a hot, thick beast. Had one that came stock in a DBZ Hailfire that absolutely ripped for aggressive metal rhythms. Lots of heat, but surprisingly smooth and not a lot of fizz.

Also had a couple leftover ones from DBZ/Diamond that I had been holding onto, but I just sold my last one a few months ago. That said, it looks like Franklin Guitar Works also got their hands on a few from back in the day.

They show a nickel one on their website, but it has the JB's description. The gold one they have actually says DD1: LINK and LINK

Good opportunity to grab one while you can and for a really good price. You could always remove the cover if you didn't want a gold pickup

Comment

LOVE LOVE LOVE the 500T. Highly underrated heavy pickup.

Comment

Asked custom shop to make with different name. Was told NO.
                  That is a dashed shame. Really glad I got one whilst they were available now.

Comment

I'd be VERY surprised if you couldn't order one off-label. I bet if I tried the method I suggested above, I could get one made. I mean, at that point, it's no different than any other custom-spec'd pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post

The DD-1 Holeshot is a hot, thick beast. Had one that came stock in a DBZ Hailfire that absolutely ripped for aggressive metal rhythms. Lots of heat, but surprisingly smooth and not a lot of fizz.

Also had a couple leftover ones from DBZ/Diamond that I had been holding onto, but I just sold my last one a few months ago. That said, it looks like Franklin Guitar Works also got their hands on a few from back in the day.

They show a nickel one on their website, but it has the JB's description. The gold one they have actually says DD1: LINK and LINK

Good opportunity to grab one while you can and for a really good price. You could always remove the cover if you didn't want a gold pickup
                      That's interesting. The DD-1 Gold description (and even your one-line description above) reads like what a Black Winter sounds and responds like, to me anyway. Kind of curious what they did different in the DD-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post

That is a dashed shame. Really glad I got one whilst they were available now.

No approach worked.

Add or remove a few turns. Give it a different name. Ship with different screws or magnet and I can swap. Rail or Jr format.

Nothing. It was like they were allergic to $.

Comment

Comment

No approach worked.

Add or remove a few turns. Give it a different name. Ship with different screws or magnet and I can swap. Rail or Jr format.

Nothing. It was like they were allergic to $.
                            It might be specified in an agreement, and they legally can't do even that. I have no idea, but that seems like the only plausible reason.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have a 9k PG, that if it had tighter bass, might be excellent for Dokken tones.
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X