• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
    Alumitone Deathbucker bridge Hammerclaw neck
    What's the Deathbucker like?

Originally posted by AdrianSD View Post
    JB with Alnico 8 and hex screws on the low E, A and D.
    I'd prefer something stock. I like the JB as is, but the JB in itself has kind of a softer attack which is not what I'm after lately. I've dropped hex screws on a JB before too, but it didn't radically transform it IME. Not sure I'd want a JB right now, but thanks for the suggestion!​

Comment

Originally posted by RanchManSandy View Post
      Strong recommendation for the Righteous Sound 1018.
      Looks interesting! I wished they'd give a more in depth description or some specs or something. No idea what it would be like the way they describe it, honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
        Looks interesting! I wished they'd give a more in depth description or some specs or something. No idea what it would be like the way they describe it, honestly.
        Yeha he's cagey about the details online, but if you reach out to Josh he's a super chill bro and can answer anything. The 1018 I had was super tight, amazing for drop C#, and crisp but not ice picky at all. Balanced really well EQ wise, no scoop or bump. Thinking about it now it's sort of a hotter, tighter Pegasus.

Comment

The Lundgren M6 should be something if the M7 is anything to go by. It’s the Meshuggah pickup for a reason.
          The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

I'm curious about that one. The DCR is really high. Is it dark kinda like a Super 3? How hot is it too?
            I found it to be a lot like a Distortion, but the Distortion always seemed to be screaming at me. The PATB gave a bit more roar without quite the cutting top end and about the same output, but it was still tight and precise. Oh, and it has dynamics too. No experience with the Super 3.

Comment

I'm curious about that one. The DCR is really high. Is it dark kinda like a Super 3? How hot is it too?

If it is like the first one I had years ago, it's probably balanced-ish bright-ish. Even if the guitar is bright, I prefer bright pickups to dark/bassy pickups, TBH. I was looking at the Painkiller and the Aftermath from BKP. Any experience with those?

The Trident also seems interesting! Thank you!​
              Nope, I haven't played either. I'm interested in the Painkiller. Less so the Aftermath; it's one of their few symmetrical winds and I tend not to like those as much. On that note, I wouldn't recommend the Brute Force, it's more mid-forward and doesn't have as much character to my ears. And I guess if you like bright pickups even in bright guitars, the Warpig might not be cutting enough for you.
              Take it to the limit
              Everybody to the limit
              Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

What's the Deathbucker like?
                It's not really like anything on the market. Super tight and really hot, but super well defined. You can really shape the sound too with being mindful of your picking location. I've tried them in both the neck and bridge in a Mustang, and there really isn't all that much they can't do. With the volume and tone controls I can go from ACDC to a nice round jazz sound without touching my amp or pedals. They can do high gain metal sounds just as well as they do percussive funky playing.

Probably my favorite pickup
                You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

If all goes well, it's an Ibanez SZ320.

The one with the stock IBZ pickups, tho. Not the Duncan Designed. I wouldn't swap those out.

I've had those before. They're nothing to write home about.
                  I bought an Ibanez SZ520Q two years ago, similar to the SZ320 but with a maple top and a quilted maple veneer. Such a nice guitar!!!

The SZ520 came with Duncan Designed Distortion bridge and 59 neck but it was not what I was looking for. I tried a Screamin Demon (that I had in my parts bin) stock in the bridge, tried an A8 mag, and also filster screws, but it was still not what I was looking for. I put a set of EMG Retroactive Fat 55, as I wanted something more PAF style, and couldn't be happier. Maybe a set of EMG Retroactive Super 77 if you like ceramic. But your SZ320 will sound different than my SZ520 to start with.

Comment

They're not ceramic, but I would try either the El Diablo or the Jupiter. More emphisis on the Jupiter. Brighter and clear. But that El Diablo gets over looked.
                    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

These are the Ceramic units I would like to try.
                      Some of these might be of interest to you (?)

More Power - Less Mud Many mid-high powered pickups tend to compromise with darkness and can be muddy..... until now. Welcome to the Dylanpickups 8 BallBased on our hot selling Centerpunch humbucker, the 8 ball takes everything up a notch. Without compromising the clarity and punch that Dylanpickups are known for, The

The Nailbomb humbucker is the perfect synergy of old-school and modern rock tones in a high output humbucker with Alnico V or ceramic options for the bridge pickup.
                      Formerly known as; SirJackdeFuzz (7400+ posts)

Comment

This thread is getting a strong Iceman vibe...

Comment

Working...
                        X