banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erlend the Viking here! :D Please give me some attention, and questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erlend_G
    replied
    Originally posted by solspirit View Post
    I hope you had a good Christmas & New year Erl!!!
    Thanks... Christmas was exceptionally great, I got to meet both my uncles, and drink myself to sleep . I got a pair of wool... "giant socks" for my feet, , a CD from my uncle (where we play a song together, )... early morning the 31th we had a minor accident at my house. Which left me distressed, and in a worred(bad mood for the rest of the time, even till today.

I don't want to write about it online.

But it's no biggie. Tomorrow is the first "real day" of 2021- I'm gonna start my resolutions;

I've been concerned about alcohol withdrawal, but I'm certain it's 99% in my head. If I just get rid of all these empty cans, and stop thinking about it-
    I think I'll thrive being sober .

Got alot of spare time, to do important things, like meditation, playing guitar, studying. Getting rid of the daily drinking habit (and other bad habits) will be good, when things settles in.

I'm going to make 25 litres of wine, though... raisin/apricot/lemon wine . And homemade wine is all I'm gonna drink. \m/.

...also, I'm hoping to get a decent "deal" on a payment plan for all my debt. On the 15th I have a "big meeting" with all the associates regarding my welfare and illness- and I'll ask them to help me, the best we can. I want a lawyer. But... "don't worry, be happy" . Gonna sit down and fiddle with my new OD pedal .

-Erl
    Last edited by Erlend_G; 01-03-2021, 12:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• solspirit
    replied
    I hope you had a good Christmas & New year Erl!!!

Leave a comment:

• Erlend_G
    replied
    Originally posted by newking70 View Post
    Har du vært i Estland?
    (are you using google translate, or do you speak Norwegian? Are you norse? :o )

No, I've never been there. A friend of mine went there several times, on a "road trip" with his friend. (They would never let me join. )

... But I've been in Gambia, West-Africa, with my "jazz-class" from Sund Folkehøyskole, 2009-2010. It was an awesome experience. Most "shocking", was hanging out with a "gang of friends" at their house;- the atmosphere, and everything- was exactly like how we used to chill home in north Norway. Listening to Jimi Hendrix on the stereo, and smoking pot . I also had many other, beautiful experiences.

The worst part, was when I got food poisoning? or something- after drinking home-made palm wine, sharing the bottle with 4-5 strangers at a late night party. I awoke at 2 in the morning, with stomach pains so bad; I barely made it to the bathroom. A classmate found me at 8-9, sitting on the toilet, completely passed out- with my head in the sink. . I recovered, but only after 4 days of feeling really uneasy and tired.

The rest of the journey, easily made up for that, though.

Cheap cigarettes, 3 packs for a dollar. "Super Kings Presidente" or something. Very strong, with an...eh... suburban flavour of burning garbage! .

"Look, look, come here, everybody! -shouted a young, native man. Our entire class came to look. It was a bright green snake, up in a tree. All of a sudden, the snake was on the ground, and "running" fast, between everybodys feet. "EVERYONE RUN AWAY NOW!!" another man screamed. It was a green mamba. (and 4 hours to the nearest hospital/antidote) :o

I also visited Turkey, and the Dominican Republic, both times with my mother and family, as a child.

...well, now I need to get my arse out of my chair soon. Four days to Christmas eve, (in Norway, we celebrate on the 24th),
    -and I got loads of stuff that I need to do. Can't even remember half of it!

-Erlend

Leave a comment:

• newking70
    replied
    Har du vært i Estland?

Leave a comment:

• Erlend_G
    replied
    Originally posted by HardisS View Post
    Are you trying to learn to play new musical instrument?
    Not right now-

I'm trying to play my electric guitar, as good as i can- though. The quality of my instrument and amplfier; is so good-
    that I am the limitation! :o.

I am considering, if I should, or should not- buy another bass guitar, bass amp, keyboard +++ in the future. As mentioned, I have owned ALOT of great instruments, but lost it all.

So far, I'm very comfortable, being happy with what I got.

An instrument I'd like to own and play, is the Djembe. It's the perfect acoustic percussion instrument, in an acoustic, low key setting.

At one time, I owned a... "plastic recorder/ clarinet". It had a brand name. It was real fun, but I think it was stolen? . I'd like one of those, but in real wood. (Imagine a recorder, with a clarinet/saxophone reed).

-Erlend

Leave a comment:

• HardisS
    replied
    Are you trying to learn to play new musical instrument?

Leave a comment:

• Erlend_G
    replied
    Originally posted by Metalman_666 View Post
    This well is deep, yo.

Seriously - I enjoyed reading, some raw powerful stuff and quite the history you've got. I hope you are settling in nicely in south Norway

Your old profile pic from the mid 2000s is still in the matrix...

For when you return, what is your favourite amp model right now? 12 years ago?

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk
    Thanks .

I do my best, to be open and honest, about myself and my life. Maybe I should not be too naive; some people "out there" will search for ones weaknesses, and use it against you.

Things are going so well right now, (and in the next months, I hope), that I'm tempted to stay here for, let's say a year. The government is finally offering me a place to meet up, some simple work, the right support- and medication. I've even messaged some "local" musicians on Facebook, we might meet after new-years, atleast after the hardest winter is done. (It's all ice-cold, and dark. Until mid-march).

I think my favourite amp, has to be a good Fender Princeton Reverb, with a 12". Or one of those Ampeg 15w combos, that were only made in a few months. (After wasting a months savings- I couldn't get one; they were discontinued. But, what a haunting 6v6 tone, with a beautiful, almost "dark" spring reverb,

Living happily with a Blackstar HT-20mkII, I'm no big fan of the digital reverb. But, atleast it has "real" tubes, and do the deal for home use, and small gigs .

12 years ago, I played an 80's Marshall 50w transistor combo, 2 channel, with spring reverb. I hope it's put away somewhere; I burnt something inside it, and then we had the "house n everything burnt down" accident. . It was a very, very good amplifier. Didn't make you miss tubes, at all. "The" essential 80's Marshall tone, at "dead quiet" volumes; with no extra pedals needed. :/

I miss that amp. (And sometimes, all the other gear, things, days I've had).

Sorry for the short reply, I need to be going now;

for my "daily" stay at the "welfare center"

rock on \m/

(Brothers of true Metal, proud of standing tall!)

-Erlend

Leave a comment:

• Metalman_666
    replied
    This well is deep, yo.

Seriously - I enjoyed reading, some raw powerful stuff and quite the history you've got. I hope you are settling in nicely in south Norway

Your old profile pic from the mid 2000s is still in the matrix...

For when you return, what is your favourite amp model right now? 12 years ago?

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied
    Yes, she is and I will.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Erlend_G
    replied
    Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    Here's our little beast.

Say "meow" from me

I love cats!

It it a "siamese"? :o

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied
    Here's our little beast.

Leave a comment:

• Erlend_G
    replied
    Yeah, cats RULE! :o

... as I said.. just this last winter to go.. and I'll be moving, starting my "new life"- that I should have begun 10 years ago.

Thanks for all the replies, guys!

Rock on!

-Erl

Leave a comment:

• nexion218
    replied
    Originally posted by Adieu View Post
    "screw humans, I prefer the company of cats"
    My thoughts and feelings exactly! If I could hit a button that would turn me into a cat and the best hunting buddy of our cat, I'd already be a cat. My partner agreed to feed us and take care of the litter box, the only thing she insists on is that we sleep with her in the bed every night. (talk about having a true, unconditional partner!) I'd miss playing guitars though... :/

Leave a comment:

• Adieu
    replied
    Hey if you're on Norwegian benefits, then you're probably better set than 95% of the world's working population.

In that case, definitely move somewhere where you have other distractions than drink and substances.... or at least switch to mildly less toxic obsessions, like fitness or video games.

Cats are definetely good a bit of warmth and positivity. Although already-reclusive people who get cats can sometimes end up in a "screw humans, I prefer the company of cats" mindset that isn't particularly healthy either

Leave a comment:

• Erlend_G
    replied
    Originally posted by Adieu View Post
    Methadone won't fix you, just delays the problem indefinitely.

If you want to taper off, you can use Immodium (yes, the diarrhea pills), which are technically a piss-weak no-high opioid.

Take enough so you're not too shaky, then take 1 less every day or two.

caution: Don't eat cheese or any constipatable foods or you'll wish for death, though.

And do quit drinking. Alcoholism easily substitutes for opiate addiction.
    Hey man,

Like things are today- I'd rather drink my methadone + a bottle of rum every day-

than to sit here with things around me, being the way they are. It makes me feel completely miserable.

Personally, things are OK; (with that I mean- inside me, there aren't any issues going on.)

I hope to be starting a new and better life next spring, starting with moving away from "this", and towards somewhere in Southern Norway.

In the south, things are completely different. You can catch a train, and be in like, 5 different cities, within two hours. About 1000x the people, and also opportunities for making musical connections, experiencing things- personal development.

I've been sitting in the middle of nowhere; far north of the polar circle; and waited for "life to be cool" for ten years now. Only thing that has kept me here, has been my family.

There is very little for ANYONE here, except people with houses, familys, and work. They seem to thrive. But, I've wasted my 20's utterly and completely.

The health-care system ; that "should" have been there to help me- has been so poor, that I don't think it has helped me at all. At "best", it managed to fool me into thinking, that I was "getting help"- instead of taking more control of my own situation.

I wish for a nice, quiet place to live- where I'm safe from any crazy people (including landlords, government staff, etc.) ... With the option to rest, if I want so (I'm on 100% welfare because of serious disabilities, ). And maybe take the train into a city, if I want to meet people, hear a concert, "go out".

Also, I've given up on women. I can't stand "people" anymore... I'd like to live with a cat, though... if my life situation gets good enough. And my home is a stable place, suitable for a feline.

5 minutes, and I (we) are starting moving my stuff, to the other apartment, where I'll stay over the winter.

All this stuff is making me feel *miserable* (stressed out, restless, sad, angry...).. but I try to stay calm. Forget about all the ****. (Who cares about **** anyway.).

I'll be back, and reporting- when I get my PC aswell as internet up and running.

See ya!

-Erl

Leave a comment:

Working...
X