banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erlend the Viking here! :D Please give me some attention, and questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirit of 76
    replied
    Glad to hear that you are cleaning your life up.

There is an excellent book by Jordan Peterson called "12 Rules for Life: An Antidote for Chaos" that you might like; actually I highly recommend it for anyone regardless of your life, background, region where you live, etc.

It has a lot of excellent insights and view points on human nature, why we do what we do and think how we think, and so on. It's very well thought out and a great read. It has certainly changed my perspective on life in a positive way.

They have it as a hard cover or audio book on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/12-Rules-Life...7952978&sr=8-2

Leave a comment:

• Erlend_G
    replied
    I might add, that I first joined the SDUGF 17 years ago, at the age of 13 .

Sitting in my room, on my old computer, on dial-up connection... every night...

My mother would get so angry, because of crazy telephone bills. . But this forum was "all I had", I didn't get along with the other kids (I was bullied),
    and I'd sit up all night, conversating with my forum bros/friends, and I'm very grateful for that.

Leave a comment:

• Erlend the Viking here! :D Please give me some attention, and questions.

Yeah,

Is this how it works? I start a thread, where I ask you guys to ask me questions,
    (I'm quite a bit of an attention whore).

I am a 30 year old "viking", from the village Mestervik, Troms county, Northern Norway.

I am of mixed (some native scandinavian) descent, and very proud of it.

I began playing music early in childhood, when I was given a musical keyboard for christmas, at the age of 4. My step-father would then give me lessons and let me learn songs.

Got to borrow my uncle's electric guitar, and jazz-bass when I was 10;

got my first real guitar at 13. An Ibanez RG270DX, in the most beautiful dark blue metallic finish. Grew long hair, because I loved rock and heavy metal, and wanted to look like the guys in Metallica, Iron Maiden and Iced Earth \m/.

Played for a year in my first serious band, "The Spotbang Quartet", when I was 18. I was the bassist. We played progressive, instrumental rock, inspired by Camel- and about all "real" music we could listen to.
    The lead guitarist was something of a "prodigy";- he could play Malmsteen solos, Steve Vai- and shred like a god, at age 18. The drummer has been a drum teacher in public school education for many years. .

It was a great time.

After this, I went to study jazz music and fretless bass on a "folk high school", at age 19-20. Lived at my fathers house for one year after that.

When I moved home again, and got to rent this awesome apartment- I invited a friend over to smoke and drink, and celebrate.

That night, my best friend Simon was murdered; stabbed in the back (right in the heart) by some "gangster" wannabe bad-boy, at a party.

My life was never the same again. I began being reckless with my money, spent all my savings on drugs;
    got trown out of home (an apartment my mother owned, that I rented);

Moved to the neighbor village; where I started hanging out with junkies, and shooting drugs. (mostly amphetamines and opiates).

Was diagnosed with "Paranoid Schizoprenia", and spent my 20's in a MESS :/.

I finally got treatment/ rehab when I was 29. I've been clean for a year now, but on methadone. And I drink, because I struggle with depression, boredom, anxiety.

As you might have guessed, I'm a metal head, but I also love good jazz music. Especially double-time be-bop, and the Coltrane quartet. .

Please give me some attention!

I'll answer every question you throw at me.

your friend,

-Erlend
Working...
X