Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Not me, but just wondering

Originally posted by wahwah View Post
    I think with this one, the balls are in the lyrics, in exposing that dialogue between the two involved, and in the vocal performance. That's what I think has got the original tune 60 million hits on YouTube, rather than any individual instrument parts. In fact, to leave that dialogue even more exposed by removing all support from the instrumentation only makes it bolder. Of course, that doesn't mean you gotta like it though!

Cheers........................................ wahwah
    Oh I completely understand "why" it's popular and that depresses the hell out of me! Haha I don't want my music warm and fuzzy. I want Johnny Lydon spiting political rhetoric - what the hell has happened! Everyone's been neutered!
    Last edited by innerdreamrecords.co; 02-04-2012, 08:26 PM.
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
      Oh I completely understand "why" it's popular and that depresses the hell out of me! Haha I don't want my music warm and fuzzy. I want Johnny Lydon spiting political rhetoric - what the hell has happened! Everyone's been neutered!
      hehe...I hear ya. The problem with that approach is that most girls won't dig it. So like a death metal band, you'll end up with an audience of angry young boys. Better than no audience at all, but possibly not what we dreamed of when we got started.

Highway Star
      Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
      Mistreated
      Cause We Ended As Lovers
      Go ahead...check out my solo album @ http://geoffwells.bandcamp.com/

Originally posted by JOLLY
      Strats are better than Les Pauls.

Comment

hehe...I hear ya. The problem with that approach is that most girls won't dig it. So like a death metal band, you'll end up with an audience of angry young boys. Better than no audience at all, but possibly not what we dreamed of when we got started.

Sigh. Why do you think I do the music I do? I don't want the front row full of angry dudes, I want the chicks...preferably flashing me.
        Pulse 2AM - YouTube
        Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Sigh. Why do you think I do the music I do? I don't want the front row full of angry dudes, I want the chicks...preferably flashing me.
          I know! That's the audience I figured you'd be going for. So I guess you need less Lydon bile rhetoric, more baring your soul, and more xylophone...ok, maybe you can do it without the xylophone.

Cheers..................................... wahwah
          Highway Star
          Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
          Mistreated
          Cause We Ended As Lovers
          Go ahead...check out my solo album @ http://geoffwells.bandcamp.com/

Originally posted by JOLLY
          Strats are better than Les Pauls.

Comment

I know! That's the audience I figured you'd be going for. So I guess you need less Lydon bile rhetoric, more baring your soul, and more xylophone...ok, maybe you can do it without the xylophone.

Cheers..................................... wahwah
            Damn, isn't music hard enough already. LOL I think I'll go buy a pink Izod shirt or something...and some dockers.
            Pulse 2AM - YouTube
            Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Damn, isn't music hard enough already. LOL I think I'll go buy some dockers.
              Hey man, there's a limit!
              I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Damn you Lazarus! I watched all the videos in this thread and I'm starting to like the song now! Help!!!!! I've been neutered...
                Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

You won't need juevos if you buy those Dockers.
                  I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                    You won't need juevos if you buy those Dockers.
                    So true so true...

Know where I can get some Birkenstocks?
                    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

I dig it.
                      Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                      https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                      Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

I think I actually like this... lol And the version that wahwah posted is pretty cool!
                        Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

This version is pretty clever too...amazing how a really good song will wear all kinds of presentation.

Cheers.................................... wahwah
                          I heard that version before the real version, and I have to say the cover is better IMO.
                          Originally posted by TheLivingDead
                          H-S guitars with floyds make me erect.
                          Originally posted by jcthejester13
                          I'm pretty sure it's like nailing twins. They are identical but feel totally different.

Comment

One of the coolest things about Gotye is that he has pretty much invented his own genre.
                            Originality is worth more than gold in the world of art.
                            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
                            X