X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DAW vs Drum VST Challenge

Originally posted by CTN View Post
    Here you go buddy.

Excuse the one-sided audio, I had a mic sitting next to me so I could get my voice and the drums in the same file. Stupid screen capture software wouldn't let me take the sound from my outgoing stereo mix so I couldn't get the sound directly like that.
    Man, that looks great .... thank you! I can't wait to try it out.
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

EZ drummer also comes with a bunch of grooves you can just drag into the MIDI track...try that first to make sure you got things setup properly. And make sure the MIDI tracks output is set to EZdrummer
      TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Yeah, I played with it for a few minutes this morning before leaving for work. It is very simple to drop the EZ Drummer groove into an open track. Tonight I'll try converting over to the screen that will allow me to manipulate it.
        Last edited by Lazarus1140; 02-01-2013, 10:28 AM.
        I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

With CTN's guidance I was able to load an EZ Drummer groove into a track and then open up the piano scroll. I downloaded just a few measures and then drug those out to the approximate length of the song. I was surprised that when I added a high-hat hit, for example, Reaper repeated that entry at every instance. I was trying to modify the groove to fit the drumming part I have in mind for the song and my method didn't work. I thought modifying an existing groove would be a shortcut to recording the drum part, but today I will try to build a part from scratch.

Comment

Yeah I've tried that as well...sometimes you just have to scrap the whole "modify until it works" philosophy and start from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by CTN View Post
              Yeah I've tried that as well...sometimes you just have to scrap the whole "modify until it works" philosophy and start from scratch.
              It looks like once I get used to placement of the strikes on the grid it shouldn't be too hard. It will only be slightly hard because it's always midnight by the time I get around to working on it.

I've had this song idea haunting me for a couple of years and I laid down a rough draft last night. It sounds good in my head but listening to it play back reminded me of how stuck in the late sixties my attempts at creativity are.

Comment

Working...
              X