No announcement yet.

Your/My Musical Legacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope they at least find it interesting and get some value out of it. I sometimes forget how many guitarists didn’t pick it up primarily to scratch the itch of creating works and putting them out. Being in the music scene is most of my whole world, I get lost in it. My T&C threads usually get a pretty generous amount of attention all things considered.

If you can believe it, waiting until next month to find out if I’m going to die or not and how long is considered very quick post covid in the public healthcare system. Everyone else with anything less has to wait until at least July. I’ve probably run through the entire range of emotions over it until now I don’t even care because I don’t even know how to feel anymore. It’s the strangest feeling….

I’m still making my way through everything you posted so far. I’ll talk about it when I have the proper “feel” for it. I’ll put one more from our second album because it’s fastest song on there.

A frantic trip through frenetic thrash soundscapes with an industrial twist. Remastered version of Darkest Storm from Fragmenta's second album ODIMORSUS. Full album remaster soon to be released throu
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Wow..so what health issues are we talking about? I missed it man...
      "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
      If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Well since there does'nt seem to a be a mad rush to post up 'personal Legacy' clips in here as predicted lol...(surprise....surprise ..looks like it's just El Dunco and me )

I'm wondering if I might have a bright future/legacy as a vocalist ??

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

How about instead of over running threads like this with your videos, just post a link to your YouTube channel?
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Eh a little late Easrter inspiration? (necro thread ressurection)

Well I already have one of those links to my channel in my sig so anoher link would just be overkill...

Plus this being a thread about musical legacies and all, a few video's sharing said legacies could'nt be more appropriate? Unless of course there are none to share (and no vid's to post) in which case the only reason to be in this thread at all would be to check out other folks legacies & what better way than to to watch educational and informative video's

Youtube

Comment

Yes, but this thread is now at peak Phantasmagoria saturation. A bit of back and forth would be nice, especially considering I still haven’t got any answers about my health concerns. Not without yet another battery of tests.

You can post a few clips (I felt 5 was a healthy limit,) but I encourage everyone to listen to each other’s music and comment like Seashore did for me and I did for you rather than just dump and split…. Even if you don’t like it, at least say why.

That’s why I suggested a limit. Posting too many clips makes it really difficult to comment on because I just don’t have that much time, so your strongest 5, a link to your channel if there’s more you want people to check out and engage with the premise. If you can abide, everything is cool.
              Last edited by El Dunco; 04-02-2024, 10:24 PM.
              The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Comment

Eh, well my first post predicted no great inrush of contributions into this thread (and *viola* lol).

Since nothing was happening in here (or about to happen). I posted an extra video featuring my budding vocal talents which could rightly be taken to be a part of my legacy as well (& hence 'on topic').

I'm the only one who even commented on anyone else's stuff in here (ie yours...which was the only option anyway).so I would'nt say I dumped and ran at all..

I'm a strong believer that a video (or a comparison to a video) is worth a thousand words..(tho' words do seem to be a lot more popular here ), but eh actually playing something when describing a tone or technique or demo'ing gear beats rapping on all day about it with the usual tired cliche's..like "my tone has a brown-ish edge to it" or "it's really organic" or w/e..

That's why I compared your band to actual bands it reminded me of. After that, all you had to do was google a song or two of their's (if you didn't already know them) and you'd know exactly what I meant

And yeah, all this happened like a month or so ago...maybe two . I have'nt posted in here or thought of doing so since...holy necro
                Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 04-02-2024, 11:02 PM.

Youtube

Comment

I didn’t say you dumped and ran, I just said that’s what I don’t want to happen which people might do if they’re overwhelmed. Never say never.

Comment

Working...
                  X