Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rockman Tone in 2017

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
    I remember that. I am afraid that I don't have the know-how to do these things (hence this thread), otherwise I'd participate. I suspect the same is the case with many people here.

Could I challenge you to figure out some George Lynch tones? I have the guitar tracks for a couple of classic songs, and would love to hear some opinions.
    Mr. Lynch is certainly on my list, but it will be a while before I can get to wood shedding on that one.

Then again, you never know. I get inspired, start researching and all hell breaks loose.

Comment

Well, I'm just going to leave this here (as inspiration):

Last edited by Sirion; 08-03-2018, 03:07 PM.

Comment

And this:

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
          ...after that he disappeared.
          I am still here Lucile. I have actual guitar work that comes before playing around with internet nerds. I was willing to put up a track. When you needed to add crap like it must be videoed to document the signal chain I got bored with the whole thing. Dialing in a Boston tone is not hard. It is all about the EQ there are a thousand YouTude videos showing how to dial it in. So is your desprate need for a clip to know if I know how to dial in an EQ? Do I need to get you video proof of me dialing in an EQ?

I am actually working on something a lot more interesting that is "real" work. If you are a good girl I might even post it for you.
          Last edited by Securb; 08-03-2018, 04:48 PM.

Comment

I'm always up for a friendly tone challenge (figuring out tones is a big hobby of mine)
            No, you are not. When I asked you to post an original clip you ran away like a little girl, Lucille.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
              No, you are not. When I asked you to post an original clip you ran away like a little girl, Lucille.
              A few months ago in the Tips & Clips section we had a SD Forum soloing collaboration; you should have contributed... although I'm
              not surprised you completely ignored the whole thread.

Anyhoo, it's Kamanda's backing track and here's my solo contribution (yes, original ); the link will take you directly there:

A Little Friendly Solo Contest - LLL's Entry

We're doing another one when Kamanda has the time to whip up another backing track; I strongly suggest you participate in the fun.
              Last edited by LLL; 08-03-2018, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Well, I'm just going to leave this here (as inspiration):

Under Lock And Key is my favorite Lynch tone, so when I get around to it, that'll be the tone I'll dig into.

Comment

Dialing in a Boston tone is not hard. It is all about the EQ there are a thousand YouTude videos showing how to dial it in.
                  If that's the case, then you should be able to whip one up lickety-split, yeah?

Click image for larger version

Name:	th.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	5809238

No but seriously, we'll wait...

Comment

Under Lock And Key is my favorite Lynch tone, so when I get around to it, that'll be the tone I'll dig into.
                    Jolly good, and I quite agree! (ULaK and the first Lynch Mob are some of my all-time favourite rock tones) Incidentally, there have been some different reports in this thread and elsewhere regarding how much Rockman action there is in those tracks. Do you hear anything more than the clean tones that sounds Rockmanish?

Comment

Jolly good, and I quite agree! (ULaK and the first Lynch Mob are some of my all-time favourite rock tones) Incidentally, there have been some different reports in this thread and elsewhere regarding how much Rockman action there is in those tracks. Do you hear anything more than the clean tones that sounds Rockmanish?
                      Well, I just quickly listened to that "Hunter" ISO track and from a cursory viewpoint, I was hearing three different rhythm guitar tones.

It seems during the chorus and other "standout" parts, there's a distorted guitar with a clean guitar hiding in the background.

During the verses, it sounds simply like a fully saturated Marshall-esqe tone; prolly with that Tube Screamer on it.

None of the distorted guitars, to me, sound like there's any Rockman on them, but if there is, they are blended very well with the typical Marshall tone.

Then of course, these different guitar parts come in and out with panning, etc...
                      Last edited by LLL; 08-03-2018, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Well, I just quickly listened to that "Hunter" ISO track and from a cursory viewpoint, I was hearing three different rhythm guitar tones.

It seems during the chorus and other "standout" parts, there's a distorted guitar with a clean guitar hiding in the background.

During the verses, it sounds simply like a fully saturated Marshall-esqe tone; prolly with that Tube Screamer on it.

None of the distorted guitars, to me, sound like there's any Rockman on them, but if there is, they are blended very well with the typical Marshall tone.

Then of course, these different guitar parts come in and out with panning, etc...
                        Thanks, this was my impression as well: I don't really hear much of what I would consider Rockman tone in there, except for the clean parts, but I know that Lynch had some of that gear in his recording rack, so… My theory is that if distorted Rockman tones are found at all, it is probably mixed most prevalently in It's Not Love. I haven't heard the guitar tracks alone there, but I feel like there is a little more of that tone in there.

Comment

Thanks, this was my impression as well: I don't really hear much of what I would consider Rockman tone in there, except for the clean parts, but I know that Lynch had some of that gear in his recording rack, so… My theory is that if distorted Rockman tones are found at all, it is probably mixed most prevalently in It's Not Love. I haven't heard the guitar tracks alone there, but I feel like there is a little more of that tone in there.
                          His is an interesting study (so far)... definitely a layered tone approach.

Comment

Can someone clue us youngsters in on wth a Rockman actually is/does?
                            "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

A few months ago in the Tips & Clips section we had a SD Forum soloing collaboration; you should have contributed... although I'm
                              not surprised you completely ignored the whole thread.

Anyhoo, it's Kamanda's backing track and here's my solo contribution (yes, original ); the link will take you directly there:

A Little Friendly Solo Contest - LLL's Entry

We're doing another one when Kamanda has the time to whip up another backing track; I strongly suggest you participate in the fun.
                              Something you wrote Loretta....

Comment

Something you wrote Loretta....
                                I just posted the link to my clip in that thread. But since you insist on ignoring it, here's a direct, embedded link:

The solo is 100% my creation.

Like I said, we're doing another... you in?

Comment

Working...
                                X