Kemper - what's the point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kemper - what's the point?

I'd like a profile of a Yamaha HY10G-III, my first amp which was a horrid, farty piece of **** with the muddiest gain of any amp ever.
    It was so bad I'd like to have it back.
    Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
    Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
    Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
    Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Can it do a Crate G-10?

Comment

Originally posted by Diego View Post
        I'd like a profile of a Yamaha HY10G-III, my first amp which was a horrid, farty piece of **** with the muddiest gain of any amp ever.
        It was so bad I'd like to have it back.
        Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
        Can it do a Crate G-10?
        Yes, if you have access to the setup for it to clone or someone has cloned it and sent you the profile.

I'm not sure where they will need to plug the signal in when it's able to clone players though. (Did anybody see Total Recall? Want to remember what it was like to be Eddie playing Madison Square Garden in 1984? Okay, bad example, Eddie probably doesn't remember it either in those days.)

Comment

• Kemper - what's the point?

Originally posted by devastone View Post
          Yes, if you have access to the setup for it to clone or someone has cloned it and sent you the profile.

I'm not sure where they will need to plug the signal in when it's able to clone players though. (Did anybody see Total Recall? Want to remember what it was like to be Eddie playing Madison Square Garden in 1984? Okay, bad example, Eddie probably doesn't remember it either in those days.)
          Ha! I still have my very first amp (the Crate G-10) at my fathers house. It was God awful.
          If you want to borrow it to make a profile for your setup...hit me up. Lol

Comment

I don't own a Kemper, not sure if it's my thing, and it's out of my budget right now anyway.

I'm sure you could get someone to make you a profile if you wanted one bad enough.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
              I don't own a Kemper, not sure if it's my thing, and it's out of my budget right now anyway.

I'm sure you could get someone to make you a profile if you wanted one bad enough.
              Nah, I was just kidding around.
              I don’t have a kemper, and right now don’t plan on having one anytime soon.

Comment

I know, just yanking on random chains.

Comment

If you normally drag a few amps to a gig, it certainly makes things easier. If you have vintage amps that don't travel well, it is a good alternative, as well.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Don’t know from experience if Kemper actually does what’s advertised...but if it does...think anyone who has been around awhile has had the experience at home, jamming or at a gig where everything sorta comes together and you are at the cusp of that near perfect tone...sure would be nice to be able to capture it and keep it in a box...because later on down the road you sell that amp for whatever reason...it happens many times and a box holding those rare moments might be worth the price of admission...

Comment

Originally posted by justFred View Post
                      Don’t know from experience if Kemper actually does what’s advertised...but if it does...think anyone who has been around awhile has had the experience at home, jamming or at a gig where everything sorta comes together and you are at the cusp of that near perfect tone...sure would be nice to be able to capture it and keep it in a box...because later on down the road you sell that amp for whatever reason...it happens many times and a box holding those rare moments might be worth the price of admission...
                      The way your guitar amp sounds depends on the room it's in, the number of people in that room, the air density/temperature, etc. That's why exactly the same amp with exactly the same settings will sound different from place to place. I doubt that the Kemper can capture all of these variables.
                      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Then again, who needs more amps when we know that nothing sounds better than an SLO?
                        Last edited by Sirion; 05-15-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                          Let's say my favorite tone is a Way Huge Green Rhino with my specific settings, a modified Dual Recto with a specific set of tubes, and a mystery 4X12 with no-name speakers. The Kemper will profile all of that. Turning on the Tube Screamer on my POD XT with a Dual Recto model and one of the 4X12 cabinet settings will not sound the same.

I'm not saying it's necessary, because I can get a tone I like with more or less any reasonable stack of gear, just saying that it's not the same.
                          Which is interesting, because everyone says they can tell the difference between Kemper and real tubes, which means it doesn't sound the same either....
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

To borrow from David Spade "real that sounds like it's fake, fake that sounds like it's real..."

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                              The way your guitar amp sounds depends on the room it's in, the number of people in that room, the air density/temperature, etc. That's why exactly the same amp with exactly the same settings will sound different from place to place. I doubt that the Kemper can capture all of these variables.
                              Which is what cracks me up about the Uber-tone at a gig guys. These must be guys that meant to say "If I ever did a gig....I'd want..."

Because, you know, the difference between a POD and a Kemper through PA that is filling a parking lot is night and day!

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
                                Then again, who needs more amps when we know that nothing sounds better than an SLO?
                                You mean a real SLO (How many have actually heard one of those in a room anyway?), not a modeled SLO. Except the Kemper model, which is still not the same as the real tube amp. except for your Personally modeled SLO....

Comment

Working...
                                X