X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

The EQ is pretty flexible so you can kinda get in the ballpark - glassy/mid scoop-y . . . with a pretty good amount of headroom in the full 40 watt mode. It has a different vibe than a blackface Deluxe though - loose lows, clear highs (maybe a touch less than DR), and I think a bit more mids. I found it easy to get lovely edge of breakup tones at any volume level with the tweed.
    Watching the videos, it sounds almost exactly like my Blue Angel, except the BA doesn't have a master volume, and can also use EL84s.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarStv
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post

How well does it do the scooped clean Deluxe thing?
    The EQ is pretty flexible so you can kinda get in the ballpark - glassy/mid scoop-y . . . with a pretty good amount of headroom in the full 40 watt mode. It has a different vibe than a blackface Deluxe though - loose lows, clear highs (maybe a touch less than DR), and I think a bit more mids. I found it easy to get lovely edge of breakup tones at any volume level with the tweed.
    Last edited by GuitarStv; 10-12-2021, 06:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

It does lovely clean and every flavour of slightly overdriven sound really, really well. The power scaling works and there are nice tones in every setting. High gain metal tones or hard rock - nope (although it can do an interesting amp about to explode kind of sound when you max things out). Plays nicely with pedals too.
    How well does it do the scooped clean Deluxe thing?

Leave a comment:

• GuitarStv
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post

I've been interested in this amp. I have the other Mesa like this, a Blue Angel. But I am sure they have learned quite a bit in the 30 years since the BA was released.
    It does lovely clean and every flavour of slightly overdriven sound really, really well. The power scaling works and there are nice tones in every setting. High gain metal tones or hard rock - nope (although it can do an interesting amp about to explode kind of sound when you max things out). Plays nicely with pedals too.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    I played a Mesa California Tweed this weekend . . . it was quite different than the amp I'm used to, but after fooling around with it for a bit I think it could be a one amp pedal-less sound for me. There are a ton of lovely, usable sounds in there.
    I've been interested in this amp. I have the other Mesa like this, a Blue Angel. But I am sure they have learned quite a bit in the 30 years since the BA was released.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarStv
    replied
    I played a Mesa California Tweed this weekend . . . it was quite different than the amp I'm used to, but after fooling around with it for a bit I think it could be a one amp pedal-less sound for me. There are a ton of lovely, usable sounds in there.

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    Still don't understand the point.
    Why only one?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied
    Still don't understand the point.
    Why only one?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• CipherArcher
    replied
    Suhr SL67

Leave a comment:

• JB6464
    replied
    SOLDANO SLO , game over !

Leave a comment:

• Rush Chairman
    replied
    Lol! Yeah, typo. I have plenty of idiot moments.

I've got the little Mark 5/25 10" combo, and couldn't ask for more when I hit my 2x12 with it. It does pretty much anything and everything. If it can't do it, it's close enough no one would be able to tell.

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    Originally posted by Rush Chairman View Post
    Mark VI.
    You got me, I googled. I guess you meant a IV. but I thought the release of the Mark 6 would explain when the Mark V went on a big sale this summer -like 500-700 lower than original price.

I think the possible answer is I knew they couldn't produce them fast enough in 2020 due to supply chain and labor pandemic issues and then once they finally started to catch up with production in later 2021 they had a lot of units available for a demand that had already bought something else in 2020 and early 2021

Just a guess.

Leave a comment:

• Bogner
    replied
    Originally posted by Rush Chairman View Post
    Mark VI.
    How are those Mesa Mark 6 (VI) amps?

Leave a comment:

• Rush Chairman
    replied
    Mark VI.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    well i now own the amp i mentioned in this thread and i stand by my statement

Leave a comment:

Working...
X