• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blille
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    i actually prefer my 5e3 with a celestion g12h-30, sounds fantastic
    Not surprised. I’ve tried a fair amount of speakers. Other people make Brit speakers sound great (eg the Edge) but it just doesn’t work for me. I bet you sound great through the g12h-30

I currently have a Maverick but my fave is probably the cannabis rex that I swap in every now and then. I’m happy with more traditional ones, but always American.

Leave a comment:

• Benjy_26
    replied
    My Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    i actually prefer my 5e3 with a celestion g12h-30, sounds fantastic

Leave a comment:

• Blille
    replied
    I probably answered already but just in case

Tweed Deluxe with an American speaker.

Best in class sound from Blue Note to classic rock.

Love the JCM800 and the Oranges above, though. All really nice.

Leave a comment:

• misterwhizzy
    replied
    On second thought, as much as I love the one great tone a JCM800 will give me, I think without pedals or any other help, the one amp that would do everything for me would be the Fryette Sig:X.

Leave a comment:

• PoorMan
    replied
    Don't own one, but Friedman BE

Leave a comment:

• Semetery
    replied
    Love that TH30! I have one, it's awesome.

For me, JCM800. Easily.

But I'm about to get a Butterslax and am looking at the Helios Eclipse.

Leave a comment:

• Karloff
    replied
    I kinda like my TH30 with the two 1x12 cabs

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    whatever i said about the pro reverb earlier in this thread, i could totally do as long as there wasnt volume constrictions. guitar->cable->amp. done. i use a little pedal board in front of a nice amp due to volume frequently. a good fuzzface is a magical thing that lets you get all the clean to dirty tones you want from an amp but in a different way than straight into the amp but with a similar feel

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    replied
    I don’t think I could do one tone. The closest I could get is my Super with the volume around 6 or 7, but I gotta be able to roll my volume back. No matter what I’m playing, I dork with the volume and tone knobs constantly.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Locher
    replied
    Ha, I thought from your title you were going to ask if anyone actually DOES this. The answer is yes: Me! I have owned only one amp for 30-some years and essentially used one sound all that time, if you don't count the occasional boost, eq, or od pedal. But eventually I always end up plugging straight into the amp because it sounds better to me.
    I always played in original bands, so my sound is "right" for the music.
    1978 Randall RG100ES into a 2x12 cabinet (G12-65s until I wore them out, now 2 V-types), always playing a Gibson or similar guitar. Never use the channel switch. Turn down guitar and/or play lighter when I want cleaner. Different guitars give different variations on the same basic core sound and I set the knobs differently in different bands but always in the same tonal ballpark.
    There are probably a dozen other amps I would be just as happy with, but this was the one I found first.
    Keep It Simple, Sucka!

Leave a comment:

• JB6464
    replied
    S L O !
    From clean to mean and no gain pedals are need with Soldano amps , even with singe coil pickups .

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    i havent either. i bet it sounds pretty good but maybe not like an old one

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    as with most fenders of that era, the early sf ones are pretty close to bf. as the years go on and cbs adds stuff they usually get a little brighter, thinner, cleaner, and in some cases louder
    I've never tried the newer 1x12 silverface 68 Custom Pro Reverb. I know it is essentially a different amp, but the specs look good.

Leave a comment:

• misterwhizzy
    replied
    Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
    This might be one of the most passively disrespectful posts I've ever seen. It just screams, "I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU POSTED!!! I'M HERE TO TALK ABOUT ME!"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X