https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

• Re: whats wrong with rocknroll?

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
      And you think they didn't do all those things?

They just did them their way same as any one else.

Ozzy sang about war, demons, and about how generally unpleasant life is.
      || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Irregardless? OK

that man's pants bother me.
        Originally posted by kilphody
        There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by cream123 View Post
          irregardless. I don't have the money to go out and buy albums. I have to save for everything.
          Steal them off the internet and keep Courtney from spending your money on more coke.

Comment

It's all rock-n-roll...whether you feel compelled to wear tiger spandex while playing it or not is just a personal issue. this is kind of like the black Ibanez thread...it's like saying chocolate cake is waaayyy better than brownies.

different people from different experiences...i'm actually pretty tired of 90's alternative too, seeing all these Nirvana and Alice in Chains references is makin me think of the songs i used to learn guitar and never ever want to play again...haha. i could see how young guitarists are looking at more technically proficient 80's metal guitarists than the whole "Ehh I don't need to learn my instrument" mentality that Kurt Cobain made so popular.

Hell I'm a victim of that way of thinking...I'm just barely starting to learn theory and I've been playing since I was 13.

Anyway, I've noticed a lot of the less mainstream bands these days seem to blend it all...the slow rockin grungey vibe prevails but you can still see some amazing guitarists playing some sweet solos. Not that many of them can afford all the spandex and pyrotechnicals and blow necessary to think you need the first two, but it's still rock-n-roll and it's just gonna get better the more we keep pushing it's boundaries.

Anybody here into grindcore? I just got ANb's 'Altered States of America' and it's way cooler than grunge, punk rock OR 80's metal.
            green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by screamingdaisy View Post
              Steal them off the internet and keep Courtney from spending your money on more coke.
              that doesn't particularly trip my trigger either. I sort of know what's going on with the whole "album rights" schpiel. But I don't care that much. I've heard some of their stuff and I just don't like it. I'd be willing to listen to more. If I had someone buy them for me. lol

Comment

cream i'd burn you some CD-R's if I had some. Nirvana should be common knowledge, like Operation Ivy and the Ramones.

edit: ESPECIALLY if you're building a Mustang! I totally thought you were just biting Kurt Cobain with that project.
                Last edited by Empty Pockets; 06-10-2007, 12:45 AM. Reason: forgot the "mustangs = cobain bite" rule from highschool

Comment

Wattage likes both, so I suppose not.
                  I just love Rock N Roll I don't really care what it is called on any given day. When I was younger I guess I was far more passionate about particular styles "sucking" but it's just a waste of energy.

Tonight I've listened to OTEP, Ian Hunter, Al Di Meola, John Jorgensen, The Throbs, KISS, and probably 4 other CDs and it is all good.

You know you go back to the 70's and no one really gave a rat's ass what style you were as long as you weren't disco. Anything goes and the more the better IMO. There is so much less burn out on styles then too who really gives a crap what kind of music you like if it makes you happy. Really do you care that I like Mariachi and would kill to be fluent in playing cumbia so I could jam with Los Lobos just as much as I'd love to be able to make a guitar sing like Peter Green or lay some serious sonic waste down with the Stooges or Motorhead?

How many different style bands have most of you played in? I 've been in Metal bands, Punk bands, Crossover bands, Glam bands, old school Rock N Roll bands, heavy blues based stuff and I've studied Classical and even messed with a bit of Jazz. If I ever get a chance to play Country or Bluegrass I'll be right on it. I mean really do you love music or do you love what you know?
                  My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
                    cream i'd burn you some CD-R's if I had some. Nirvana should be common knowledge, like Operation Ivy and the Ramones.

edit: ESPECIALLY if you're building a Mustang! I totally thought you were just biting Kurt Cobain with that project.
                    lol. that'd be nice. The funny thing is I've never listeneda whole lot into those other two bands either.

No dude, I knew Kurt used a stang and all but this going to be original. lol somewhat impossible.

Comment

Bill Ward wrote and Ozzy sang it and it made them happy, well at least until the drugs destroyed them.
                      My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

that man's pants bother me.
                        That man is Mick Jones from The Clash and those are some bad pants my friend. That was Mick back when chasing birds and being in an OTT Rock N Roll was the fun thing to do.
                        My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

While his songs may be about that his eithics are 180° away from it. He loves his audience, he loves doing what he does, and he has fun on stage as well does the rest of the band.

And they make it plenty obvious.

They don't stand around on stage with some poser pissed off frown like they wanna' die.
                          Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Comment

that doesn't particularly trip my trigger either. I sort of know what's going on with the whole "album rights" schpiel. But I don't care that much. I've heard some of their stuff and I just don't like it. I'd be willing to listen to more. If I had someone buy them for me. lol
                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I'd rock pants liek that if I could find 'em anywhere. The normal levi's look works tho.

I think the real problem with rock-n-roll is that it would be absolutely impossible to have a huge 'reunion festival' featuring all the greats since it's inception...all we have are the remains, which amounts to a lot of good but not great stuff.

The problem with rock-n-roll is, in a day without rock stars, how is a new Nirvana even possible? How is a new Zeppelin possible? Who could be the next Jimi Hendrix? Who can top the Beatles?

The problem is, the bar is set pretty high as it is.

Comment

I just love Rock N Roll I don't really care what it is called on any given day. When I was younger I guess I was far more passionate about particular styles "sucking" but it's just a waste of energy.

Tonight I've listened to OTEP, Ian Hunter, Al Di Meola, John Jorgensen, The Throbs, KISS, and probably 4 other CDs and it is all good.

You know you go back to the 70's and no one really gave a rat's ass what style you were as long as you weren't disco. Anything goes and the more the better IMO. There is so much less burn out on styles then too who really gives a crap what kind of music you like if it makes you happy. Really do you care that I like Mariachi and would kill to be fluent in playing cumbia so I could jam with Los Lobos just as much as I'd love to be able to make a guitar sing like Peter Green or lay some serious sonic waste down with the Stooges or Motorhead?

How many different style bands have most of you played in? I 've been in Metal bands, Punk bands, Crossover bands, Glam bands, old school Rock N Roll bands, heavy blues based stuff and I've studied Classical and even messed with a bit of Jazz. If I ever get a chance to play Country or Bluegrass I'll be right on it. I mean really do you love music or do you love what you know?
                                To be honest, the only type of new music that I like is indie. It just feels like the new stuff, besides indie, either sucks or has been done before. Like bands who just cop a classic rock vibe - I hate it. Not to mention I don't like very much classic rock to begin with. I stick with Zep, and PF. The occassional Billy Gibbons. I love jazz. That's another genre that if anything comes out new, it won't be something old. Because it will be a different persons take on the style. Some would argure that that is what every song is. Not in my mind. I've heard a lot of songs that are just totally unoriginal.
                                I IV V. It makes me want to choke someone. It's totally unoriginal. Using a set template for music that other people ahve made, IMO, is totally unmusical. You should express yourself, not express Jimmy Page or Eric Clapton. You would think that some 40 year olds would have enough skill to try venturing out into a different genre and try to be original. . I'm not directly attacking you at all. I respect your love of all music, that last remark about unoriginality was more of an off subject rant. It sounds like you are very versatile.

Comment

Working...
                                X