Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: whats wrong with rocknroll?

Originally posted by big_black View Post
    To be fair, The Clash, Buzzcoks, etc. were the second wave of Punk.

The American Hardcore that came afterward: Black Flag, Minor Threat, DOA, etc., were technically third-wave.
    In the broad context they were. In a smaller context Black flag, Minor Threat, DOA, ect were also the first wave of American Hardcore. Then came Emotional Hardcore... then came Emo.
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

This was 1990.

What redeeming, substantive quality does this music possess?

I could write a list easily, but unless you like what's on that list, you'll just consider it non-existant.
      Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Comment

This was 1990.

What redeeming, substantive quality does this music possess?
        I don't feel like digging up some trash punk music (which is probably very difficult to find ). I could probably ask my friend who is a "punk", but meh. Poison sucks...even most hair metal fans agree.

Good Hair Metal:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Arguably Hair Metal:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Yes they look goofy, but so do bands in so many other musical genres

Comment

I never thought I'd see someone refer to Ratt as good hair metal....

Comment

Originally posted by screamingdaisy View Post
            I've had the cops close my last two gigs.... what's your excuse?
            Hey man, nobody EVER accused the dude with the Orange halfstack of not rockin hard enough. I'm just sayin, rock would rock more if more rockers rocked more often.
            green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by taphappy View Post
              I don't feel like digging up some trash punk music (which is probably very difficult to find ). I could probably ask my friend who is a "punk", but meh. Poison sucks...even most hair metal fans agree.
              Punk never "died" though.

Still strong like BULL!

Comment

Well since you're completely biased against anything similar to the genre, I'm sure you'll dismiss any talent or any band as crap.
                Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Comment

I tell all the people I know about these young, young kids on the guitar forums who are totally into Hair Metal and every one of them is so surprised. We worked so hard to destroy it, didn't we? It's like the freaking cat that keeps coming back...

Comment

We worked so hard to destroy it, didn't we? It's like the freaking cat that keeps coming back...
                    I'd describe it more like herpes.
                    Originally posted by kilphody
                    There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Mephis View Post
                      Well since you're completely biased against anything similar to the genre, I'm sure you'll dismiss any talent or any band as crap.
                      He could've at least picked someone like Quiet Riot or Mötley Crüe....

Comment

Holy crap. settle down

Just because he doesn't like one genre doesn't mean he hates good music.

Comment

We worked so hard to destroy it, didn't we? It's like the freaking cat that keeps coming back...
                          When the musical world is so devoid of talent that some kids are looking up to fred durst, hair metal thrives as inspiration.

He could've at least picked someone like Quiet Riot or Mötley Crüe....
                          So you are ok with motley crue but hate ratt? :| Isn't that about like liking alice in chains but hating stone temple pilots?
                          Last edited by Mephis; 06-10-2007, 12:13 AM.

Comment

I tell all the people I know about these young, young kids on the guitar forums who are totally into Hair Metal and every one of them is so surprised. We worked so hard to destroy it, didn't we? It's like the freaking cat that keeps coming back...
                            They grew up with 90s alternative the same way we grew up with 80s hair metal. They're probably sick of it the same way we were...

Comment

When the musical world is so devoid of talent that some kids are looking up to fred durst, hair metal thrives as inspiration.
                              Yes, I can see where you are coming from.

Comment

hmmmmm. I see hypocritical posts here. So you're saying because there's no talent in emo (which is untrue - only in bad emo) that there is no talent in todays music............

Comment

Working...
                                X