LP Studio's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LP Studio's

Okay...I picked a 2004 Red/Gold HW LP Studio...deal I couldn't refuse. I may end up down the line with something else but...I'm diggin' this for now. If it doesn't suit...it's a Gibson...I'm sure I can turn it into something else.

Comment

I went to the stores looking for an SG. I thought an SG was the guitar for me. I could have bought any SG I wanted. I walked out with a Les Paul. That was the guitar for me. It still is.

Comment

Originally posted by jbear View Post
        Okay...I picked a 2004 Red/Gold HW LP Studio...deal I couldn't refuse. I may end up down the line with something else but...I'm diggin' this for now. If it doesn't suit...it's a Gibson...I'm sure I can turn it into something else.
        Sounds good! Now we need pics!

Comment

I bought the faded brown Studio used, with JB and '59 and the pickguard removed. The mahogany looks and feels strong and resonates like an acoustic. The neck is sweet for bending, but you've gotta throw a little muscle into it. It's not a girly emo guitar. It's Slash on the neck and Hetfield on the bridge. Cleans up nice for semi-spanky blues. It's a great, simple rock machine!

Comment

It is all the Les Paul you will ever need. It possesses every single sonic bit of mojo that A standard does.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

LP Studio's

I have an '05 studio in copper finish with ebony board. Put black tusq nut on it, grover locking rotomatics, graphtech saddles (soon to be replaced for a fishman powerbridge) and put CC/A2P hybrid pickups in. I wouldn't trade it for any standard in the world. I dig that there's no binding and that it is a stripped down guitar. Gigging weekly before the band breaking up, I doubt the audience gave a crap about the lack of binding on my guitar. But i do get compliments on it's color.
              7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Working...
              X