Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDUG Ultimate TELECASTER - Preliminaries

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
    this thread is a joke. lets just call it "show your Teles". Any decent vintage tele would wipe out 96% of these guitars .
    There are very very some nice ones here, but most others are clearly not even close to any "ultimate" Tele and though I appreciate most of them, they are profoundly average .
    C'mon..'Reactors' ,Raspberry MIK Schecters, and run of the mill Mexican and American Stds. in an ultimate Tele contest? Pffffttt..
    The 'refin' thread is way more interesting.
    I somewhat agree. By no means do I blame anyone for showing their guitars in this thread though, that's the point of this thread. The poll maker is responsible for nominating the best available choices for the final vote. The telecaster thread, one of the longest show your gear threads on this forum, should have been used as a reference though. There were some weaker choices put through to the poll because of a lack of entries from some members in this thread. The other obvious shame is that it seems more people vote for the nicest picture than the nicest guitar. A scanned in grainy photo of a mint condition first year telecaster would probably get less votes than a stunning photograph of a Squier.

There are some amazing guitars on this forum. I'm consistently impressed with what some members can get their hands on. I'm sure in some contests these entries will show up. Unfortunately I was just expecting more out of the Telecaster poll.

Comment

Aint no pro but I know what I like....
      Guitar to sound output:
      Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezrocks View Post
        That's more of a Les Paul than a Telecaster. I don't know how that ever made it to this thread.
        Don't look at me, I didn't post it here.

Edit after scanning the thread: Believe it or not Ace that's the original paint. GMP did it for a NAMM show a few years back. My eye for color isn't nearly good enough to have spec'd that one. LOL
        Last edited by AzCat; 06-27-2011, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X