I6's First Guitar Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I6's First Guitar Build

The guitar looks great! BUt for some reason the videos on this forum aren't working for me..... wtf...
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
      The guitar looks great! BUt for some reason the videos on this forum aren't working for me..... wtf...
      Here is a link: http://youtu.be/akrwo8SYACI?hd=1

And a re-embed:

my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
        I caught that clip on youtube before I saw it here, I was impressed that you pulled it off, granted, the electronics are missing but the guitar is pretty much built.
        Awesome, and thank you!

Yeah, we're not quite to the finish line yet, but we're on the home stretch.

Comment

That's awesome! That looks like a guitar I would be really tempted to play. Cool to have an instrument so personal.
          My Soundclick

Comment

The unplugged timbre and projection of that guitar is outstanding. You should be immensely proud. I can't remember what your plans were for the pickguard though. Going for a traditional shape and color?
            Beer me!
            Originally posted by Kam
            ...This machine runs on pr0n.

Comment

oh, I it said I didn't have adobe flash and no vids on youtube are working... lol
              Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
              Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Tor View Post
                That's awesome! That looks like a guitar I would be really tempted to play. Cool to have an instrument so personal.
                Thanks! Yeah, now that I feel it in my hands and against my body, I'm thinking, "man, I should have built this 10 years ago."

It just feels super, super right.

Maybe one day I will tailor guitar shapes to people - have them come in for "a sitting" and let them hold and feel a hundred different shapes of bodies and necks, and go from there on a perfect custom for them.

Since I actually played it yesterday, now I am strongly considering a Stratocaster style forearm contour. It's fun to dial things in like this, especially while its unfinished.

Comment

Originally posted by woemoejack View Post
                  The unplugged timbre and projection of that guitar is outstanding. You should be immensely proud. I can't remember what your plans were for the pickguard though. Going for a traditional shape and color?
                  Let me see if I can mock up a pickguard real quick.

I designed a good one, but glued my only paper copy to MDF to make the template.

When I was making the template, I had what could be best described as "a colossal kludge" and ruined both the template and the only existing drawing of the pickguard design.

So I am back at square one. Stand by

edit: nevermind, going to need to trace this on paper using real pickguards as a guideline. My attempt in PowerPoint was terrible
                  Last edited by ImmortalSix; 12-02-2011, 10:08 AM.

Comment

It keeps getting better.
                    " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
                      My wife could tell you - I was grinning like an idiot!

Thanks Hoss!
                      hahaah...i would be too!
                      Originally posted by jeremy
                      God hates bad guitar tone
                      GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                      AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                      EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                      Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Yes! Forearm contour FTW.

I'm definitely seeing a daphne blue, no contour, double bound, no guard, double P90 with cutoff Tele bridge in my hands from you within the next decade my friend.

Comment

I'm really interested in how the P90 will work. I like the idea of it being a modifier more than a generator. Brian Eno like, if you get my meaning!

Comment

Originally posted by Laughing Kookaburra View Post
                            I'm really interested in how the P90 will work. I like the idea of it being a modifier more than a generator. Brian Eno like, if you get my meaning!
                            I am actually pretty interested too. I will be needing some serious help from you guys on that.

Here is the schema I want:

- 3 knobs, 1 switch (a Gibson-style 3 way toggle)

Knob 1: Master Volume
                            Knob 2: Master Tone
                            Knob 3: Blender to bring P90 up and down in the mix
                            Switch: Neck - Neck+Bridge - Bridge

So basically, I want it to be a regular MV / MT / 3 way Telecaster setup --- and the P90's only interface is with that blender pot.

Questions:

- Will the Master Volume and Master Tone affect the P90 as well?

- Is that a choice I can make, or do all blender pot circuits operate with the pickup-on-the-blender pot being independent of the other potentiometers?

- If they don't, should I have the P90 independent from the MV and MT, or under their influence?

Who the hell knows how to wire this?!

Comment

Nevermind - I think I can apply this:

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
                                I am actually pretty interested too. I will be needing some serious help from you guys on that.

Here is the schema I want:

- 3 knobs, 1 switch (a Gibson-style 3 way toggle)

Knob 1: Master Volume
                                Knob 2: Master Tone
                                Knob 3: Blender to bring P90 up and down in the mix
                                Switch: Neck - Neck+Bridge - Bridge

So basically, I want it to be a regular MV / MT / 3 way Telecaster setup --- and the P90's only interface is with that blender pot.

Questions:

- Will the Master Volume and Master Tone affect the P90 as well?

- Is that a choice I can make, or do all blender pot circuits operate with the pickup-on-the-blender pot being independent of the other potentiometers?

- If they don't, should I have the P90 independent from the MV and MT, or under their influence?

Who the hell knows how to wire this?!
                                you can wire it either way. I would have the master control it as well, but I also prefer a 2 humbucker guitar to have 1 volume.
                                Originally posted by MikeS
                                a "career" of playing sold-out bedroom shows to the posters on my wall.
                                Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
                                whats becoming of this generation
                                We want to listen to music while we mow the lawn.

Comment

Working...
                                X