Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson releases a new model. Theodore

Your thoughts?

The double-cut electric guitar is the first model from the new Gibson Archive Collection, and inspired by a sketch drawn by former Gibson president Ted McCarty in 1957

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220318-072246.png
Views:	443
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	6158787
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Are they taking the piss? That's ****ing awful.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Comment

swallowing puke o'er here. I love some of the gibson oddball models like the moderne, sg90/v90/lp90, even the sonex... but this... maybe it grows on ya but it just strikes me as unrefined.

Comment

Did April 1st come early? It looks more to me like a PhotoShop inspired by the Teisco "Tulip" or the Tokai Talbo.
          aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I mean I hate the style and look of the guitar, but if this is real and is going to piss off all the heavy hair metal has-beens, classic rocker dude fans and holy roller hipsters all in one single go...

.... man that guitar is AWESOME
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

It's not my bag, but I'd imagine that look was way ahead of its time when Ted McCarty designed it 65 years ago.

Comment

Yeah nothing screams quality like a phony neck through stripe and Teisco Tulip body. Every retro-hipster dbag band will want them. I can almost smell the BO ridden polyester and High Karate.

Comment

If it's bolt-on, I'd put the neck on something else.

Comment

I really have no words, maybe Ted was ahead of his time then, but just no.

Comment

It looks like a piece of hockey equipment. Doesn't look complete either

Comment

With all respect to Ted and his accomplishments, let's all remember: Ted didn't play guitar. He was a businessman. (I'm ignoring Leo for the moment.)

Comment

“New”

Comment

It’s here for $200 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Oh thank God! I was afraid I'd be the only one who hates this. P-90's are nice though.

Comment

Working...
                              X