Gibson releases a new model. Theodore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
    Oh man, the pretzel twisting justification of trying to say how we'd retroactively love it if some ancient guitar hero had played one. Perfection. Once again, the Gibson apologists don't fail to deliver.
    I do not think anyone is being a Gibson apologist. The consensus is the guitar is horrific. However, many of us feel if the right person had played one fanboys of that artist, it would be flocking to buy it. Keith Richards started playing Les Pauls in the 60's next thing you know the price of used Les pauls skyrockets. Then Gibson starts producing the guitar again. Joe Strummer rocks a Tele, every punk artist is now looking for a beat-up Tele. EVH plays a superstar next thing you know every guitar is Strat shaped with a single pickup. Slash plays a Les Paul in the 80's and boom, Les Pauls are back in fashion.

If the right artist played the Theodore, trust me people would be buying them.

Comment

haha

-this is the sure fire way for me to not watch a Gibson product launch -have John Bonamassa pentatonically masterbate while staring creepily at a camera.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

He opens the case "Oh wow" like he didn't know what was coming. He's finally attained the Keifer Southerland of the blues.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          He opens the case "Oh wow" like he didn't know what was coming. He's finally attained the Keifer Southerland of the blues.
          I picked up on that also. The entire thing seemed scripted including the Slash reference.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

haha

-this is the sure fire way for me to not watch a Gibson product launch -have John Bonamassa pentatonically masterbate while staring creepily at a camera.
            I just had a coughing fit I laughed so hard at this.

I actually love the design. Until they bring back the Howard Roberts Fusion, I'd take that over any production model Gibson.

Comment

Originally posted by piblock View Post

I just had a coughing fit I laughed so hard at this.

I actually love the design. Until they bring back the Howard Roberts Fusion, I'd take that over any production model Gibson.
              No love for the Johnny A sig? I always thought that was a cool design that Gibson did.
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

No love for the Johnny A sig? I always thought that was a cool design that Gibson did.
                It looks pretty cool, but I've never played one. I had a HRF3 for several years back in the 90s, it was sort of a long term loan from my dad. While my wish list is long, that's the only guitar I really pine after. I just don't see myself ever spending that kind of money on a guitar again.

I'm thinking about ordering a Harley Benton Aeolus and rehhaping the neck if necessary. Scavenge a Pearly Gates & Dr Vintage from other guitars, and it will get me in the ballpark. It may sound even better, although the HRF neck pickup (original 57 Classic I believe) had some serious magic going on. I just sent sold an old Tiesco and have a new toy budget, so...
                Last edited by piblock; 03-22-2022, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Cool guitar for a cool player.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Something about that model bothers me. It isn't to say anything about the player or the quality. It just doesn't do it for me at all.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

As someone who owns a Custom Shop Gibson & isn't afraid to speak the truth, here's a synopsis:

Gibson Theodore = sucks
                      Gibson QC = kinda sucks
                      Gibson Pricing = sucks

and distilled:
                      Gibson = sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Something about that model bothers me. It isn't to say anything about the player or the quality. It just doesn't do it for me at all.
                        My old boss knows Johnny A and had model #003, Johnny had #001 and gave #002 to his Mom. He had it set up with very heavy strings and a high (by my standards) action. As much as I liked the guitar aesthetically I could not gel with the setup he had on it. I would love to play another one with a different setup.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	taco.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	6160015

This tacoguitar is better looking than the Gibson Theodore.

Comment

Crapp-a-holic >>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

My old boss knows Johnny A and had model #003, Johnny had #001 and gave #002 to his Mom. He had it set up with very heavy strings and a high (by my standards) action. As much as I liked the guitar aesthetically I could not gel with the setup he had on it. I would love to play another one with a different setup.
                              Outside of some SGs, I have an issue with most Gibson double cut designs.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Outside of some SGs, I have an issue with most Gibson double cut designs.
                                Not me I have been GASing for a Les Paul double-cut for a while

Last edited by Securb; 03-23-2022, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X