No announcement yet.

Gibson releases a new model. Theodore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Theodore is available now for $4,999, and arrives with a historic-style brown/pink case, leather guitar strap, print of the original signed design and deluxe certificate of authenticity.
    Somewhere in Austin a hipster just maxed out his credit card.

Comment

Gibson is researching patent drawings for their next big idea. This is a big fail for me.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
        I really have no words, maybe Ted was ahead of his time then, but just no.
        ahead of his time?

More like... on bad acid...
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Lol. I just saw the $5000 price tag. Lmao. What a joke.

Comment

At the board meeting, someone presented this idea that was both historic, yet somehow new. Everyone sitting there thought it was a great idea and agreed to fund the prototypes and eventually build it in production. I don't think this is my kind of company.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I like the neck. Nothing else.

Comment

I saw pics of one in a dif color on fb a min ago and it doesn't look as bad. $5000, though? Hard pass.

Comment

I'm picturing that headstock crashing straight into the floor because it's such a bad design.

Has Fender or PRS done anything that's 1/10th as sucky in every way as this?
                  “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I actually like the fact that it exists... I'm having the best laugh of the week reading all the comments of disgust... LOL Joking aside though, this is pathetic....

Comment

I ordered one in each color
                      My Bands -
                      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

For $5000 it's not a 'faithful' reproduction. The pickguard is the wrong shape, the switch and the pots are in the wrong locations.

Gibson Gibson rant rant rant quality rant overpriced rant rant
                        Last edited by beaubrummels; 03-18-2022, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Just to make sure if I get this right.... Gibson created the Archive Series to make money from sketches of guitars that never even made it to prototype stage?

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
                            Just to make sure if I get this right.... Gibson created the Archive Series to make money from sketches of guitars that never even made it to prototype stage?
                            Yep. The next release will be based on Picasso's drawing.

Comment

Looks like a something for 1's & 0's deficient crowd.

Comment

I like it. Not $5k like it, but I like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X