Ok,
So I was reading about the dude and his Boss OD-3 pedal that he is loving. He feels the pedal is under rated as he has found a sound in it that he is really digging.
Then this other dude goes in there and bashes Boss and how so many people post about Boss Etc etc etc.
I'm gonna start out by saying this. I have been playing guitar since 1979.My first guitar and amp where real Fender 1970 American Fender Strat and a Fender Champ amp. Not less then 2 years I owned a Fender Twin Reverb with a Gibson Custom Deluxe Tobacco Burst les Paul.Thats the level of gear I played since the age of 9 and owned plenty of high end stuff since. I'm 46 years old and probably owned more pedals then most of you. I have tried pedals from the entry level Orion Level stuff from way back in the day to very high end Boutique stuff that cost hundreds of dollars.

One thing I understand about said person who commented about the Boss pedals is this, When I go to all music stores in my area, lower end gear is what they sell now. Your hard pressed to find higher end stuff. Amps I want to scream as I can't find one single store that has high end amps on the floor anymore. Everyone is caring more entry level stuff , combos and rarely do you see a 1/2 stack anymore. I was told they don't sell anymore and most players want a 1x12 combo due to weight and portability. Not to mention on stage you don't need anymore then that for most small to medium places. You don't even see many 2 x 12 cab's or 2 x 12 combos. Yes there are some but not enough to find your tone in a new amp.

Guitars the same thing or at least for us metal guys. If I want a new Charvel , Jackson , ESP etc, I have to search my ass off to find someone willing to carry the higher end stuff. And higher end I'm talking $799 and above. Years ago $799 was an entry level guitar now for some reason it's considered higher end.
So to me the world in general is broke and weak. Can't afford a higher dollar guitar and can't carry an amp past a 1x12 people say that thats all you need. I call Bullcrap , if you play a 1 x 12 amp and then the 2 x 12 or 4 x 12 of the same thing, at least to me I find the sound to be more airy , open and fuller. I don't care about how much it weighs or costs. When I'm finding my tone, I don't want to be limited to a few choices.

I'm thinking the frustration of said dude and his Boss comments might have something to do with this. The way the world is right now.
Now here is the difference with him and I. Yes I'm angry at the world of Professional music right now with the choices the stores around me decide to carry. I know it's based off supply and demand but I can't be the only one left on the planet today which craves a 2 x 12 or 4 x 12 sound of a real Tube amp and a better quality metal guitar? But I don't judge those who decide to play the $699 and under guitars, or the guy who likes his 1 x 12 combo. Or the guy who builds a full pedal board from all Boss pedals with a Boss made pedal board. If thats his sound , cool I'm happy to see someone play guitar.

Same goes with this Modeling stuff. Don't get me started on that. There is no one who hates Modeling amps and crap more then me but again just because it's not for me doesn't mean all of you out there shouldn't use it or love it.

I'm a musician and respect all of you including dude who hates Boss. He has his reasons but I don't agree bashing the product every time someone wants to talk about it. I'm gonna assume he wishes more people would buy pedals he likes so he can talk about his pedals with other who share the same passion for them as he does.
If you go look at just about every single Professional Artist out there for the last 3 Decades or more, you will find Boss pedals. Why? Because Boss makes a quality products. Steve Vai ,Paul Gilbert , Eddie Van Halen, Guss G , Joe Satriani , Zak Wild , George Lynch ( I could go on for years) use Boss Pedals. Those dudes can afford anything they want. They Choose Boss because there is tone in them that they find useful.It's not about price and thats why you buy them. Yes maybe some find Boss to be very affordable but there is cheaper stuff on the market you can buy that cost a lot less then Boss.
To me I find Boss to be the Industry standard I judge any other pedal against. If I want a delay try and find a better delay then what Boss makes. It's not easy I have tried. Same with Chorus I find Boss is the best on the market. But thats just me and me alone.

Tone is tone man and if a $19.99 dollar pedal works, buy it. If it take $999 to get your tone then buy that one. To me the Price is the price and that doesn't steer me from finding my tone. Yeah If I was on a budget and couldn't afford the pedal I wanted I wouldn't settle for the cheaper one because thats all I can afford. I would save up and get the one I want. And I would not not buy a pedal due to brand or it's to cheap. Again if I plug into a pedal and it speaks to me, it comes home with me.