Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: silver zephyrs

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
    Wait... after you have already bought 3 sets really whats the difference in springing for another 1 or 2? The HD effect is so good you have to have 3 sets but not good enough for 5?
    About 1 to 2 grand. I wish had a guitar to put mine in so I could experience what he talks about.
    Originally posted by KBliss
    WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
    Originally posted by trevorus
    The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Originally posted by Diminished Triad View Post
      If anyone orders from SD, I would suggest that at least with the tele model that you ask SD to pot the pups. They come unpotted and if you use lots of gain from pedals there is feedback in the high ranges.
      I think SD realized that there is far more market demand for potted Zephyrs, particularly the single coils, so now they come vacuum wax potted as stock. You can order them unspotted if you wish, but if you don't specify, they'll come potted.
      Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
      Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Evan Skopp;You can order them unspotted if you wish
        I think I'd want them spotted, that'd be different.
        Last edited by GoldenVulture; 06-18-2014, 10:48 AM.
        sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
        - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Now I want one of the early ones in Jaguar camouflage finish

Comment

Originally posted by Rockstar216 View Post
            About 1 to 2 grand. I wish had a guitar to put mine in so I could experience what he talks about.
            Im aware of the numbers I can do basic math thank you. The difference i'm talking about is the dimishing returns when spending large sums of money. If you've already spent a ton (which he has) whats a little more.
            "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
            you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
              Im aware of the numbers I can do basic math thank you. The difference i'm talking about is the dimishing returns when spending large sums of money. If you've already spent a ton (which he has) whats a little more.
              Some people have Just enough to make a big purchase and just that one purchase and can't afford any other big ticket items but thats just a guess. Then again some people have money to blow like that.

Although for 2 grand if I already had a couple sets of Zephyrs I would most likely get another amp a custom build probably.
              Originally posted by KBliss
              WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
              Originally posted by trevorus
              The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Originally posted by Rockstar216 View Post
                Some people have Just enough to make a big purchase and just that one purchase and can't afford any other big ticket items but thats just a guess. Then again some people have money to blow like that.

Although for 2 grand if I already had a couple sets of Zephyrs I would most likely get another amp a custom build probably.

Sure but i was just making a comment not really after a speculative session on his motives or resources was just me saying if you bought 3 whats 1 more... no need to try and derail this farther the comment stands as just that a comment.
                "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
                  I think SD realized that there is far more market demand for potted Zephyrs, particularly the single coils, so now they come vacuum wax potted as stock. You can order them unspotted if you wish, but if you don't specify, they'll come potted.
                  Great to know...thanks for this info!

Comment

Working...
                  X