Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Emg 85

Originally posted by fenderiarhs
    speaking of emgs 85,81,60 etc...... i've always thought that emgs range of pickups is a bit limited.....not many models with different eq to choose from.....i think it would be good for all of us (and for them...) if they extended their range of pickups ......just look at how many different pickups duncan or dimarzio makes.
    Just buy an EQ. EMG makes a couple that'll replace your guitars tone controls (the EXG, SPC, and RPC). I use a Boss GE-7.
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by vinterland
      Well I have no idea on percentages but an EMG adds it own character as well as wood character whereas a passive seems more affected by wood and doesn't add as much character. I had a JB in my jackson before I put an 85 in it... both pickups sounded like they were in an alder body but the EMG still sounded like an EMG too, so its hard to explain unless you hear it.
      Hi there.....it's really the opposite..EMGs are very transparent and allow the guitar's wood to be heard! Believe me I have had EMGs in crappy guitars and they sounded hiddeous! Sounded like the guitar did unplugged.

I think the 85/89 or 85/60 are good combos.
      Last edited by papersoul; 01-15-2005, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by papersoul
        Sounded like the guitar did unplugged.
        I thought the same thing before, using the 81 with an extremely clean tone. I'm really starting to agree, about them being transparent. For awhile, I had a Gibson 496R/500T set in my ESP, and it sounded EXTREMELY Gibsonish. Kinda scary how much a guitar with a bolt-on neck & Floyd sounded like a new Gibson, just because of the pickups.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Does anybody here run two 85s? I know one of the guys from In Flames does, but I'm curious to here any firsthand comments on it. Seems like it'd be a cool combo.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

GUYS... iŽm very EAGER to install my EMGS
            but i guess i will not do that
            Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
            Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
            Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
            Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
            Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
            Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
            Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
            Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by WITH FULL DISTORTION
              but i guess i will not do that
              Why not?

Comment

not now, since... if i could find someone to trade my guitars. iŽll sell them.. and do not buy anyone until i buy a new amp, or... iŽll have a long time saving money to buy one.
                Q:/
                and plus, thereŽs no one to install them for me
                Q:/
                Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
                Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
                Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
                Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
                Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
                Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
                Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
                Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Working...
                X