• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post

Maybe the custom shop just sux.
    “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

I couldn't make it through the second page of this thread before jumping to the end to comment. Hopefully the OP has figured out some things in the pages since, but just in case...

You can't demand both specific specs (i.e. 43ga @ 15K) and a specific tone (i.e. a more dynamic JB with same tone, chewiness and aggressiveness). Pick one or the other. I will tell you, it's difficult to keep the "chewiness" and "aggressiveness" of a JB and make it more dynamic at the same time.

Your best bet is to try the regular JB with a lower-output magnet, such as an A2 or UOA5. You could also try a DIY "virtual vintage" mod to raise the inductance alongside a lower output magnet. Half or fully "airing" the stock JB might bring you closer to what you want, as well. You could try combining some of these mods in different ways.

Barring that, the RTM will probably be more to your liking than anything mentioned in those first couple of pages.

I saw a brief mention of Suhr pickups. The regular "SSH" model is very close to an "underwound JB", but you might find it's a bit brighter and less aggressive than you are looking for.
      Last edited by Masta' C; 11-08-2020, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post

Maybe the custom shop just sux.
        YA MA

Comment

Fascinating

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Indeed

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

HAHAHA