Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, on previous picture, the screws didn't look like brass, but they are. As I mentionned, this humbucker isn't stock, the wire was replaced.
    Last edited by gruntthegrunt; 06-03-2024, 12:53 AM.

Comment

• Hey All, just looking for some help to verify some SD pickups in a loaded pickguard, It's from ebay so yes the odds aren't looking good for me on this one. The build quality looks pretty good to me, but I need some experienced help to verify if the duncans are real. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Welcome to the forum

The TB-4 looks right. Can't speak to the SSL-1s. I don't recall any Duncans coming with plastic over the bobbins. Side note, I don't think that package will fit in a Strat cavity until the tone cap is moved.

Comment

• Hey thanks for the reply and the heads up on the cap location, I can handle a simple re-locate soldering job. Ill probably follow through with the install on my MIM strat. I'm still curious about the SSL 1's tho

Comment

• Originally posted by Chmer View Post
            Hey All, just looking for some help to verify some SD pickups in a loaded pickguard, It's from ebay so yes the odds aren't looking good for me on this one. The build quality looks pretty good to me, but I need some experienced help to verify if the duncans are real. Thanks in advance!
            I1WK1 is the favorite Chinese serial for the SSL1 copies, if you see it - it is definitely fake. TB4 is also not original.
            Here is the same pickguard with the same pickups with the same serials on the Aliexpress.

And here is the pic of a more precise copy, with a more authentic label, but still fake. Look at the hole in the baseplate where the leads are soldered, it should be round. Funny enough, earlier in this thread a similar set was identified as original.

Comment

• Yikes, oh well thanks for the info, on 2nd thought maybe I'll put this in a pawn shop axe and give it to my 8 year old lol. No worries I'll keep the fakes out of circulation anyway...Cheers.

Comment

• I would give them a shot. You already have them, so why not. Sure, it is not a real SD, but still can be something nice.

Comment

• Your probably right, I'll try em out for fun. Good to have a place here for reference. I don't plan to crucify the seller online but they did blatantly lie to me, I asked them specifically if they were authentic SD pickups before purchasing and they said yes absolutely, so I guess this is another good example of just buy local! Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X