No announcement yet.

High-gain passive recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This post is making me want to try some black winters in my Les Paul Classic lmao.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxplorer View Post
      This post is making me want to try some black winters in my Les Paul Classic lmao.
      I am freaking loving it! My next move might be to have MJ wind me a gold-covered set of BWs to bring the guitar back to its original esthetics...but the sound, my friend, is out of this world.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxplorer View Post
        If you have the 500T in the Classic, then it's not worth the swap, IMO. I'm not saying they sound the same, but they're kind of in the same family of pickups, and I personally like the 500T just a tiny tiny bit better. The 500T is a little bit rawer and dirtier. The BW is a tad tighter and more mid-focused, but I wouldn't say it's a night and day difference.
        Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 03-19-2024, 04:04 PM.

Comment

I took a look into my control cavity and found that the guitar was wired with a .047 tone cap. Would that make a difference?

Comment

a .047 cap is a very normal value for a tone cap. some people will use a .1 others will use a .022 or even .015, but .047 isnt uncommon at all

Comment

Turned out to be a setup issue. Low strings were way too high. Thank you all for your help!

Comment

Install nightmare! I got a pair of Blackouts and wouldn’t fit. I then grabbed the pair of Black Winters I got off Marketplace awhile back and just realized that the set isn’t a trembucker set. Does anyone know if the neck pickup is the same in the trembucker set and humbucker set?

Comment

Originally posted by Bandkpwf View Post
                  Install nightmare! I got a pair of Blackouts and wouldn’t fit. I then grabbed the pair of Black Winters I got off Marketplace awhile back and just realized that the set isn’t a trembucker set. Does anyone know if the neck pickup is the same in the trembucker set and humbucker set?
                  Neck is always the same spacing

Comment

Originally posted by ProgMXCnerd70 View Post
                    I installed it in a Peavey Rockmaster as my mod guitar and I’ve lowered the bass side a good amount, so could it just be my guitar?
                    For what it's worth, and it sounds like you got your problem worked out, the Rockmaster is a 7/8 th's size body. I have one, with a Perpetual Burn, and love it.

Comment

Do not forget the dark horse in the SD catalog : the 'almost' unloved Alt. 8.

A unique high output bridge humbucker (SH-15) featuring a custom wind and high-powered Alnico 8 magnet for ceramic-style clarity with Alnico warmth.

Formerly known as; SirJackdeFuzz (7400+ posts)

Comment

Working...
                      X