Marshall JCM2000 owners, reunite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall JCM2000 owners, reunite!

I wanna try the 6CA7s but after just doing the treble-bleed mod, I think I wanna play with the amp for a while.
    So what kinda 2x12 cabs are big enough for a marshall head? The 1936, obviously. I bet a Mesa cab would rule. What else? Avatar 2x12s, would those support the head well?

Y'know what I'd like? I'd like to be able to tilt the cab up towards my head, but I dunno anyway to do that with the cab on top of the head. Need some kinda rack that'll hold the head upright but will slant the cab... do they make those?

Comment

Fuse, go read this. It might change your mind, and it's a good, quick read. And despite how much you might THINK you know about the subject, the author knows more than you, and he makes a living doing it. (And he makes FANTASTIC amplifiers, instantly recognizable in recordings once you know what you're listening for.)

Comment

I've never had a chance to spend any time with a TSL, do they have plastic 1/4" jacks ? My DSL does. MY VM has some metal and some plastic. That is one of the cheapo things Marshall has been doing for awhile now.

My old Fender had plastic jacks. While at practice years ago I stepped back and right on top of the cord pulling it straight down. Jack shattered, broke it's connections right on the board. Cheap ass POS. I replaced it meself but even so. Now I loop my cables through the handle or something to provide some relief. Lesson Learned.
        Carvin CS4 PG-n A4, BBQ-b
        Ibanez AS103NTcustom /Super58's n&b
        G&L ASAT Classic
        G&L ASAT Deluxe carved top undecided

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
          I wanna try the 6CA7s but after just doing the treble-bleed mod, I think I wanna play with the amp for a while.
          So what kinda 2x12 cabs are big enough for a marshall head? The 1936, obviously. I bet a Mesa cab would rule. What else? Avatar 2x12s, would those support the head well?

Y'know what I'd like? I'd like to be able to tilt the cab up towards my head, but I dunno anyway to do that with the cab on top of the head. Need some kinda rack that'll hold the head upright but will slant the cab... do they make those?
          Take the head off the cab and tilt the cab back. Set the head on a chair or table or simply have your roadie hold it during your practice session. Problem solved.
          Last edited by eschoendorff; 08-28-2010, 09:00 PM.
          Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
          I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

have the roadie hold it... I like that.

Comment

Working...
            X