No announcement yet.

Marshall-In-A-Box pedal for under $100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall-In-A-Box pedal for under $100?

Might be a big question to ask, but is there anything decent "Marshally" sound pedal for a $100? Maybe $150? Looking for more of a JCM800 tone.

It be nice if was true bypass too....
    Originally posted by everdrone
    I have gas probz myselfs

Re: Marshall-In-A-Box pedal for under $100?

Not really to many pure JCM800's in a box at that price range.
    For Pure JCM800-in-a-box sounds, youll need to spend 200.00.( Wampler Plextortion,Vintage Marshall Guv'nor,DC only powered Radial British Tonebones)
    Most of the pedals in your price range would be "Hot Rod" JCM Marshall" pedals, like the Powergrid, or MI Crunchbox(theres some overlap in stock/hotrod sounds, so you should just tone of those).
    Last edited by MetalManiac; 11-03-2012, 11:26 PM.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Crunchbox, I got mine for $80 used. I sold it when I got a more marshally amp but it was a great pedal. It doesn't do the old school marshall stuff well but it is really nice for JCM800 style stuff.
      Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
      Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

If you can build kits, then General Guitar Gadgets has 3 marshall in a box pedals....the bluesbreaker clone, the Guv'nor, and 'Brown Sound In a Box'. The former two are fantastic as I own them and they'll stand alongside boutique pedals. The BSIAB I'll be getting and making soon.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
          If you can build kits, then General Guitar Gadgets has 3 marshall in a box pedals....the bluesbreaker clone, the Guv'nor, and 'Brown Sound In a Box'. The former two are fantastic as I own them and they'll stand alongside boutique pedals. The BSIAB I'll be getting and making soon.
          Ive never heard any clone that can touch a real vintage Marshall Bluesbreakers dynamics ,richness ,and depth.
          Ive got all the old Marshall pedals. Even at thier current 150-175.00 price, they are a steal.
          Gary Moore used the amazing Guv'nor. Thats the one thats like the JCM-800, and not the Bluesebreaker, which has more of a organic tweed like character.
          The Bluesbreaker is the mother of all pedals; the twin spawn of the Tubscreamer. many if not most pedals are deriviatives of these two pedals. The King of Tone is supposedly a tweaked Bluesbreaker...and compared/contrasted all over Analogmans website as 'different" than a tubescreamer.
          Last edited by MetalManiac; 11-03-2012, 10:56 PM.
          "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Used Suhr Riot

Comment

Alot of the Wampler stuff is awesome (also not exactly a JCM800 but the Wampler Sovereign is GREAT!), CMAT Mods Brownie, or MI Audio Crunch Box. But I highly recommend Wampler!
              Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

Check out Mxr dist III

Comment

what amp will you be using this pedal thru?
                  "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                  Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

For under $100 the Crunch Box for sure or if you can find one a John Spina modded DS-1. If you can swing it for around $150 used there's the Wampler Plextortion and Pinnacle. I wouldn't call the Pinnacle a JCM 800 in a box but it is killer hot rodded Marshall Plexi in a box for sure
                    When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

I would look at some of the Joyo stuff, they are great pedals on a budget. A US Dream, Ultimate Crunch, Hot Plexi or British Sound might be able to do what you want.
                      Go Packers!

Comment

Marshall Jackhammer on OD mode.

Comment

Modded DS-1, Shredmaster (if you look maybe you could find one 2nd hand or a kit built one), Crunchbox (or chinese clones), Chinese clones of character series pedals (Joyo British something), Guv'nor.
                          Gondola Kid
                          Bandcamp
                          Facebook
                          JimijaymesGuitarist
                          Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Megagwar View Post
                            Might be a big question to ask, but is there anything decent "Marshally" sound pedal for a $100? Maybe $150? Looking for more of a JCM800 tone.

It be nice if was true bypass too....
                            what is it going into! tried and true answer is gonna be proco rat... if it is going direct in, I recommend tech 21...

Comment

I like the crunchbox I think they're a good deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X