No announcement yet.

Marshall-In-A-Box pedal for under $100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall-In-A-Box pedal for under $100?

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
    but copious amounts of power tube gain mixed with judicious amounts of preamp gain yields a sweet , ballsy , thick and organic very bright crunchy signature Marshall tone that is out of this world!
    I have always wanted a tone that had copius amounts of power tube gain and judicious amounts of preamp gain... AND I have really always wanted a sweet, ballsy, thick, organic, very bright, crunchy tone.

What is this even supposed to mean?
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
      I have always wanted a tone that had copius amounts of power tube gain and judicious amounts of preamp gain... AND I have really always wanted a sweet, ballsy, thick, organic, very bright, crunchy tone.

What is this even supposed to mean?
      I'm so glad you asked..;

"Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

And owning those makes you an expert on them? You don't even know how to tune your guitar.
        Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
        Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

i thought i was being harsh in the twin thread yesterday!
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
            And owning those makes you an expert on them? You don't even know how to tune your guitar.
            I'm no expert on anything . I do need to learn to tune a guitar properly, but Ive heard some enormous tone out of that JCM(JMP) full stack.
            Last edited by MetalManiac; 11-04-2012, 11:06 PM.
            "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

A joyo as the main od sound thru a 5150. I didn't see that one coming! Whatever floats your boat, I do some weird stuff too now and then. Ok, usually.
              Last edited by DankStar; 11-04-2012, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Actually, the 5150's clean/boost channel is a great platform for pedals. That channel with a good Marshall-like OD pedal would probably sound better than it's SLO inspired lead channel.

And with Jerry's Marshalls and Bogner Shiva, his collection of OD pedals is a killer combination. Rather than jonesing for something new, spend some time with that stuff!
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
                    I like the new look!
                    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                      Marshall Jackhammer on OD mode.
                      hell yeah. the distortion mode is crap, but the OD is excellent.
                      Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
                      Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
                      Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
                      Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Thanks guys. I got some homework to do then. Lots to try out. With discussing about the two different types of jcm800 sounds (jcm800 normal drive and jcm800 with OD pushing) I am looking for a pedal that is closest to the JCM800's "normal" dirt. Not "with a pedal in front" tone.
                        Originally posted by everdrone
                        I have gas probz myselfs

Comment

How's that "Box if Rock"?
                          Originally posted by everdrone
                          I have gas probz myselfs

Comment

Box of Rock's little sister so to say, Distorton is quite cool... In fact, I ended up liking it more (simplicity, yet additional tweakability due to 2 mini toggles)... I dunno how much it costs, but it is quite a nice "Marshall" pedal.

My favorite among the "Marshall" pedals Xotic BB+... Great pedal, very hard to beat. It is not that "hard clipping" I mean it sounds a bit more amp like (IMHO) when compared with riot and pinacle... The others are sorta more like distortion boxes. Okko diablo is quite cool by the way.

I guess you guys would be interested in this pic:

B
                            FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

I vote AMT M1 pedal if you don't mind it being a preamp pedal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHKywWcVzyA
                              There's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid mistakes!

Schecter Hellraiser solo-6 and solo-6FR, Schecter C-1EX,
                              Edwards LP Lemon drop, ES-335 copy, Fender Telecaster
                              Boss GT-10
                              Rocktron Velocity 300
                              Two custom built 2x12 cabs with V-30 & G12T-75's in each cab
                              Marshall Mode Four/MF 400 cab
                              AMT Legend series pedals V1, F1, R1, E1, M1, P1, D2 and growing

Comment

I really like the Box of Rock...

It's not for everybody but it's a great pedal for sure!
                                If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
                                X