No announcement yet.

Marshall-In-A-Box pedal for under $100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall-In-A-Box pedal for under $100?

The new Boss Power Stack handles plexi sounds well.
    I use mine more as an OD although it can do heavy.
    Trainspotter

"...the real key is a good warm delay and lots of lysergic acid diethylamid"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrec View Post
      The samples I've heard of the Carl Martin Plexitone are pretty good, but that's certainly not under $100
      I sold mine because it would oscillate and do weird stuff....I find the Tech 21 British is way more versatile tonally..
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
        I thought the Spina modded DS-1 sounded exactly like a JCM800..... when I plugged it into my JCM800.

But then, so did my Spina modded TS9 and my Rat.....when I plugged either into my JCM800.
        So you use them as paper weights these days Lew? ;o) Good doorstops also. You're saying that the pedals were off then? LOL..
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

This pedal is awesome...Love it..

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
              So you use them as paper weights these days Lew? ;o) Good doorstops also. You're saying that the pedals were off then? LOL..
              Not at all John! I love the work you did on my pedals.

I was just joking because as great as those pedals sound, they only sound like a Marshall when they're plugged into a Marshall.

Plugged into my Fender amps, they sound like an overdriven Fender amp.

In other words, they don't make my Fender amp sound like a Marshall amp. Wouldn't you agree?

You know you're a friend and that I'm very grateful for everything you've done for me over the years. And that I love the way you voiced my pedals.
              “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
                Not at all John! I love the work you did on my pedals.

I was just joking because as great as those pedals sound, they only sound like a Marshall when they're plugged into a Marshall.

Plugged into my Fender amps, they sound like an overdriven Fender amp.

In other words, they don't make my Fender amp sound like a Marshall amp. Wouldn't you agree?

You know you're a friend and that I'm very grateful for everything you've done for me over the years. And that I love the way you voiced my pedals.
                Thanks for that Lew...Yes I totally agree with you on your tonal findings...I don't like the DS1 and don't use it anymore.. ;o)

Comment

I LOVE my Ds1 that John modded so much that I wanted to get another for a bud of mine, but then John stopped doing them. I LOVE a JCM800, so perhaps thats why then. I havent really compared or used my DS1 in a big enough environment to get that from it. You bet your bippy Im gonna do some comparing now. The problem is tho, my JCm 800 is modded.
                  Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                  X