Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeremy
    replied
    as with most fenders of that era, the early sf ones are pretty close to bf. as the years go on and cbs adds stuff they usually get a little brighter, thinner, cleaner, and in some cases louder

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    i prefer the bf but there isnt that much difference. i expected a bf pro reverb to be my next amp, turns out it was a 5f2 clone, but im still getting the old pro reverb
    I never looked at the difference between the bf and sf Pro Reverbs, but I always thought they were more alike than not. I've never tried a bf one.

Leave a comment:

• Bogner
    replied
    Originally posted by some_dude View Post
    Mesa Triple Crown

This is the first amp I’ve had that can authentically pull off both old school and new school sounds. I feel like I could play any era and not feel like I’m trying to force a square peg in a round hole.
    Great amp! I have the 100 and love it.

Leave a comment:

• some_dude
    replied
    Mesa Triple Crown

This is the first amp I’ve had that can authentically pull off both old school and new school sounds. I feel like I could play any era and not feel like I’m trying to force a square peg in a round hole.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    i prefer the bf but there isnt that much difference. i expected a bf pro reverb to be my next amp, turns out it was a 5f2 clone, but im still getting the old pro reverb

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    A silverface Pro Reverb is one of my favorite amps.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    i said a pro reverb. i could get through all my gigs with that amp and maybe an attenuator to knock the volume down for smaller places. super isnt that much different

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    replied
    I can’t believe I’m saying this, but my one sound would be my Super, volume around 6, bass and mids up to where it starts to break up, treble around 4, bright off.

Last Sunday, a friend of mine who’s played one for decades brought over some tubes, swapped out a few, and showed me how to set it properly, and I’m sold.

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	leslie.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	6099243

Leave a comment:

• Bogner
    replied
    Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
    Is there anything with 3 channels (1) Fender clean-like (2) High gain Marshall that is open and articulated great for classic metal and hard rock but cleans up nicely (3) A lead channel with thickness and sustain... and don't forget the FX loop.
    There are several amps available that can meet those needs. I will list a few.

Mesa Mark V
    Mesa Triple Crown
    Diezel Hagan
    Diezel VH4
    Diezel Herbert
    Bogner Helios Eclipse
    Bogner XTC
    Revv Generator 120 MK III
    Suhr PT 100

Leave a comment:

• IMENATOR
    replied
    Is there anything with 3 channels (1) Fender clean-like (2) High gain Marshall that is open and articulated great for classic metal and hard rock but cleans up nicely (3) A lead channel with thickness and sustain... and don't forget the FX loop.

Leave a comment:

• Dudeman7
    replied
    Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post

I have a Belair that i just adore
    and my buddy keeps trying to trade me his 70s Twin for it

Only thing is
    At the house, below one is inaudible
    at two the volume is BLARING loud

Aound seven is where it has its sweet spot
    But you cant stand in a small room with it
    Yeah, the Belair is definitely the bigger brother of mine. The Vintage 33 makes about 33 watts and has a single 12".

It's right in the sweet spot for moving between home and out in the world. Adding the second cab helps when I need more volume. It does well at home but I have a large music room in my basement that is finished and soundproofed. Don't really have to worry about the neighbors. My experience is probably different than someone who lives in an apartment or has close neighbors to piss off.

Also, I love the clean channel! It's really clear and detailed like a Fender but without the brittleness or harshness in the treble range.

The mods on mine only affect the dirty channel and they totally transformed the drive characteristics. It's like a hot rodded, vintage Marshall but more rude sounding.

Best of all worlds for me!

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied
    Originally posted by Dudeman7 View Post
    Probably the only guy alive that would choose a Carvin but that's the one for me.

Vintage 33. Modified the second channel with a few of the Hasserl mods, put in a matched quad of Gold Lions and replaced the preamp tubes with Tung-Sol 12AX7s. I also replaced the stock speaker with an Eminence Governor and added the matching extension cab that I put an Eminence Wizard in.

The dirty channel on that thing is like a Plexi and a 5e3 had a bastard child that came out of the womb with tattoos, and a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

Interestingly, it cleans up remarkably well with the guitars volume control.
    I have a Belair that i just adore
    and my buddy keeps trying to trade me his 70s Twin for it

Only thing is
    At the house, below one is inaudible
    at two the volume is BLARING loud

Aound seven is where it has its sweet spot
    But you cant stand in a small room with it

Leave a comment:

• Zombie 13X33
    replied
    I don't know enough to say thats why I'm here reading everyone else's ideas to try to learn lol. Whatever gives me that metallica riffing distortion and palm muting. Master of puppets or something similar. Yeah I know they used mesa this and marshal that but I'd try something more modern maybe if I got the chance. With active pups and probably the esp I could never afford

Leave a comment:

• guitfiddle
    replied
    OR50

Leave a comment:

Working...
X