Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dudeman7
    replied
    Probably the only guy alive that would choose a Carvin but that's the one for me.

Vintage 33. Modified the second channel with a few of the Hasserl mods, put in a matched quad of Gold Lions and replaced the preamp tubes with Tung-Sol 12AX7s. I also replaced the stock speaker with an Eminence Governor and added the matching extension cab that I put an Eminence Wizard in.

The dirty channel on that thing is like a Plexi and a 5e3 had a bastard child that came out of the womb with tattoos, and a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

Interestingly, it cleans up remarkably well with the guitars volume control.

Leave a comment:

• gsammo79
    replied
    Fender bassbreaker 15w high gain channel. It makes me say "damn"

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by zizyphus View Post
    Not even kidding, I'd take the Fender Bassbreaker 007

I absolutely love that little guy!

The gain on it sounds absolutely gorgeous, and it cleans up shockingly well with the volume knob, so you won't need a second channel – the volume knob on a Les Paul or HSS strat will get you anything from sparkling cleans to Appetite era GNR.

Its tiny and portable, so you can play it in your bedroom, or mic it up for a gig

The main issue I'd have with it is trying to get it to play over a heavy-handed rock drummer WITHOUT a PA, e.g. at a pickup jam or practice. Also, there's no effects loop, but I'm generally cool with that.__PRESENT
    The Bassbreaker is an amp I know little or nothing about. I gotta check one out.

Leave a comment:

• zizyphus
    replied
    Not even kidding, I'd take the Fender Bassbreaker 007

I absolutely love that little guy!

The gain on it sounds absolutely gorgeous, and it cleans up shockingly well with the volume knob, so you won't need a second channel – the volume knob on a Les Paul or HSS strat will get you anything from sparkling cleans to Appetite era GNR.

Its tiny and portable, so you can play it in your bedroom, or mic it up for a gig

The main issue I'd have with it is trying to get it to play over a heavy-handed rock drummer WITHOUT a PA, e.g. at a pickup jam or practice. Also, there's no effects loop, but I'm generally cool with that.__PRESENT

Leave a comment:

• jball85
    replied
    I can't do this.

Leave a comment:

• Karloff
    replied
    Originally posted by Securb View Post

I have an Ampeg V4 cab I turned into a bass cab, sounds freaking great.

I can't believe I used to lug that thing around ...

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by Securb View Post

This looks like one loud cab!

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by Karloff View Post

I had a Ampeg V4 1/2 stack back in '74. man, talk about tone. and decibels lol.

Leave a comment:

• RealtyViking
    replied
    Marshall Vintage Modern with matching 4x12 for me.

Leave a comment:

• Karloff
    replied
    Originally posted by Azzogthoth View Post
    I used to have a really nice 72 Ampeg V4 with a Tom Scholz Power Soak that sounded great. But it ate tubes like they were going out of style. I wanted to keep her, but couldn't afford to feed it. It needed to be cranked to get peak distortion. But man. Think Supernaut.
    I had a Ampeg V4 1/2 stack back in '74. man, talk about tone. and decibels lol.

Leave a comment:

• Wattage
    replied
    XXX or 5150 thru a straight 4x12 with Greenbacks

Leave a comment:

• Bogner
    replied
    Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
    There’s one on the bay from time to time for $2300/ 2400 plus shipping so out of my scope at the minute! I have been looking at the Victory Amps RK but it just doesn’t have the same appeal ☹️
    I haven't looked at eBay for years. Maybe I need to do so!! Agree with you on the Victory stuff although the Kraken sounds decent from what I have heard.

Leave a comment:

• d1dsj
    replied
    There’s one on the bay from time to time for $2300/ 2400 plus shipping so out of my scope at the minute! I have been looking at the Victory Amps RK but it just doesn’t have the same appeal ☹️

Leave a comment:

• Bogner
    replied
    Originally posted by d1dsj View Post

Thanks, yes I knew you had a RK in your most excellent stable of amps! I keep looking for one to go with my RK 4x12 but when they come up now they are just so expensive…. I remember missing one a few years ago for £700!!!
    EEEEE GADS!!!!! What a deal that was! I haven't seen one for sale at any price in a very long time.

Leave a comment:

• d1dsj
    replied
    Originally posted by Bogner View Post

I had a Hellcat and a MK (White Chassis) that I sold and wish I hadn't. I do still have my Cornford Kotzen head and will keep it forever. Tolex looks nice!
    Thanks, yes I knew you had a RK in your most excellent stable of amps! I keep looking for one to go with my RK 4x12 but when they come up now they are just so expensive…. I remember missing one a few years ago for £700!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X